Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2013 sxt for about 6 months now, wanting to keep it for a daily. I fell in love with the challenger and now I want to get either a 6.1 or 6.4 to build and be a higher performance car. I'm aware the 6.4 is the better engine stock but has anyone personally built a 6.4 and 6.1 then compared? There's a big price difference between buying a 6.1 and 6.4, I'm curious as to what would be the pricing to performance difference between them after they're built. 0:)Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
other then aftermarket cams both will be similar in price to build. However just keep in mind that you do not have any cores to work with, You are going to be paying a lot more then a guy with a V8 already.

IE: Block, Heads, Accessories ect....

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
the other issue is fitment and availability, 6.1L is being discontinued and some major components are now no longer available, going forward will be much easier to use 6.4L based components, hence much better off using the 6.4 as a starting point
Luke

·
Super Moderator
14,186 Posts
As an alternative, have you considered a supercharger for your 3.6? That would give your 305 hp. engine a big boost in performance. You can get a complete kit for about $4,600.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As an alternative, have you considered a supercharger for your 3.6? That would give your 305 hp. engine a big boost in performance. You can get a complete kit for about $4,600.
Ah, but then it wouldn't have a Hemi....

:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts