Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own this stage 2 cam with ported and polished heads, polished TB and kooks headers. My srt8 is now truly a beast. Josh at HHP is the man and wouldn't steer you wrong. Dyno 490HP to the wheels. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I own this stage 2 cam with ported and polished heads, polished TB and kooks headers. My srt8 is now truly a beast. Josh at HHP is the man and wouldn't steer you wrong. Dyno 490HP to the wheels. Hope this helps.
Ported intake manifold?

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is exactly the package I want to get when I move back to the states. How is the lower RPM torque? Do you think its in the same ballpark as a stock 6.4L or better?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey folks in reply to all, it's the best money can buy for your Challenger considering your still N/A. I also have the ported manifold which I forget to mention. The low end torque on the car pins you, aggressively. I couldn't keep traction through gears 1-3, at all, until I picked up the Nitto 555R's, also highly recommended tires. The stage2R cam is very Lopey and sounds awesome. It's funny because when you stop at a light, the entire car rocks back and forth. Awesome though!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Redfish, honestly it destroys and I mean destroys the 392 all day, everyday. Not even close. My total HP is right around 600.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brian, the HHP team are true experts. I truly believe the car runs better now then it did stock. I had all my upgrades completed at 7k miles, I know have 12k and the car runs like a beast.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

Stage 2 cam? Is that equivalent to a 270 or 274 VVT cam? I have a 392 and I spoke to josh. I told him I wanted to go the N/A route; ported polished heads, throttle body, long tubes, mids, intake, cam, tune, and all. Said the 270 cam works best as far as the tuning goes. He sent me an itemized email. Honestly I didn't expect it to be that high. I keep reading on here how guys are getting forced induction for around what I was quoted but I don't want F/I. Do you mind if I ask what you paid out the door? You could PM me if you want. I have nothing to compare my quote to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stage 2 cam? Is that equivalent to a 270 or 274 VVT cam? I have a 392 and I spoke to josh. I told him I wanted to go the N/A route; ported polished heads, throttle body, long tubes, mids, intake, cam, tune, and all. Said the 270 cam works best as far as the tuning goes. He sent me an itemized email. Honestly I didn't expect it to be that high. I keep reading on here how guys are getting forced induction for around what I was quoted but I don't want F/I. Do you mind if I ask what you paid out the door? You could PM me if you want. I have nothing to compare my quote to.

Teddy, I have that exact same package!!! You wouldn't be disappointed. Josh mentioned to me that the 392 motor was just about ready to completely modify. They haven't worked on as many as The 6.1. I paid 7500 out the door, and believe me man the right is insane. I need to post some audio clips for you all.... Next project is 426 stroker, short block.

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks for the replies folks. I can't wait to hopefully have it installed by next weekend.
Are you getting just the cam or all the other goodies too - headers & ported intake/heads/throttle body? Definitely post your results and a sound clip (before & after maybe?) so we can all enjoy the outcome.

All this talk about such an effective mod package is causing me pain knowing that I have the money for it sitting in the bank but no way to get it done right now. Hopefully when I am in a position to get it done my wife will not have found a "better" use for the funds. :guiness:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Redfish, honestly it destroys and I mean destroys the 392 all day, everyday. Not even close. My total HP is right around 600.
On the stock engine 3K RPM seems to be the point when it feels like a rocket kicks in. Is there a similar magic RPM with your package that does the same thing or is it just a steady and constant power increase as the RPM climbs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the stock engine 3K RPM seems to be the point when it feels like a rocket kicks in. Is there a similar magic RPM with your package that does the same thing or is it just a steady and constant power increase as the RPM climbs?
See it's different with the mods I had done and my custom tune. The torque is viscous, but at 4500 RPMs your pinned.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Teddy, I have that exact same package!!! You wouldn't be disappointed. Josh mentioned to me that the 392 motor was just about ready to completely modify. They haven't worked on as many as The 6.1. I paid 7500 out the door, and believe me man the right is insane. I need to post some audio clips for you all.... Next project is 426 stroker, short block.

Wow thanks for the reply man. Yeah josh said the 270 cam is best to tune with that package on the 392s. He did say they haven't done to many 392s because the tune isn't out to long as we all know. He said Id pick up around, of course this is his guess, 100 HP. From heads to fluid change and everything in between I was quoted $9200. I'm definitely not questioning the price with the exception of horse power to $$$$$. Is it worth it? I'd rather keep the motor naturally aspirated vs F/I. Anybody else want to chime in? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I will bring this thread back to life... I just placed my order for the HHP Stage 2 heads/intake package with the 2R cam. It will be installed in mid July when I am in the US again. I am super excited about getting back to what will soon be a new car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts