Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a 6.1 manifold, and a ported 87 mm throttle body going on my 13 manual rt, I was wondering if someone who’s done the swap can tell me the necessary arts to make the swap work. Some say stock fuel rails fit others don’t, some say I need a new map and pcv. The sad part is I work for dodge as a tech, but I have barely worked on a 6.1s they just don’t come around often enough or have issues! Thanks for reading and also porting vs leaving the intake?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
MAP sensors are definitely different. 5.7 uses a twist and lock style while the 6.1 is just pop it in and two screws. It's not too expensive so I'd just get a new MAP even if it "could" work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAP sensors are definitely different. 5.7 uses a twist and lock style while the 6.1 is just pop it in and two screws. It's not too expensive so I'd just get a new MAP even if it "could" work. View attachment 995326 View attachment 995327
Would the harness be the same still or would I need a new pigtail wired in to fit the new sensor just so I know before I order more crap lol

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Honestly I'm not sure but it looks like the same 3 pin and connector tab to me. My bets are it'll work fine. As far as fuel rails i also don't know about but I've heard that 6.1 rails are needed. PCV valve is definitely different, 6.1 is a threaded kind and 5.7 uses a twist and pop similar to the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly I'm not sure but it looks like the same 3 pin and connector tab to me. My bets are it'll work fine. As far as fuel rails i also don't know about but I've heard that 6.1 rails are needed. PCV valve is definitely different, 6.1 is a threaded kind and 5.7 uses a twist and pop similar to the MAP sensor.
probably just gonna order some oem map and pcv thru my parts at work, but fuel rail wise I have to order a bbk fuel rail for 6.1s since they don’t produce oem anymore thanks for the help hopefully I can gain some power !

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Ok so the connector is the same for both map sensors, just the sensor is fine. I'm finding all this out by cross referencing on rockauto btw lol.

Reactions: DakBuilder
1 - 6 of 6 Posts