Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody running a nitro Dave's nitrous throttle body plate system ? If so, how do you like it?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
You'll have more luck looking over on the LXforums for this type of info, IMO. The Nitrous Outlet's stuff is great. I think you'll be pleased with the product and the customer support. Chat with Dave or Graham and they'll help you out with all your questions.

HemiSam

·
Registered
668 Posts
well i have the plate system but the stock tb and i love the plate it works great i dropped over 1 sec with just a 75 shot

·
Registered
668 Posts
oh mines only a r/t thought but if you have any question lmk

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
His stuff is the cat's ass. Ran his plate set up for a few years and he is currently plumbing my Direct port set up..

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
You bastage, Scott!!! I couldn't get that to work with my setup w/o doing some stupid mods.

HemiSam

I can only image Not much room for D/P set up w/ the maggie. I have actually been running a D/P for about a year. However I am switching to the Nitrous outlet brand.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
When I get my car back I'm gonna drive out and visit with Dave and Graham in person. There's a few things we can do to make my setup smarter. You a believer in the Brisk plugs, Scott?

HemiSam

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
When I get my car back I'm gonna drive out and visit with Dave and Graham in person. There's a few things we can do to make my setup smarter. You a believer in the Brisk plugs, Scott?

HemiSam
Yes Brisk is actually a great plug. IMO which Differs from Dave's Opinion. But thats ok. Anyways the NGK is great for smaller shots of N20 as long as the correct heat range is used.

Same goes with boosted cars.. However with higher boost/N20 levels Brisk would be the way to go..

How do I know this you ask?? because we "Nitrous LX guys" had to use the NGK plugs long before the Brisk came about. :) And we had ZERO issues with them :)

Heck we had to build our own N20 kits back in 06 Cause no one made a kit. Sorry for rambling.Hope I answered your question. :)

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Good stuff, Scott. I'm running Iridiums a few steps colder to allow for the boost and the spray. Nitrous Outlet are really pushing the Brisks so just wanted your thoughts given your experience with the spray. Thanks.

HemiSam

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Good stuff, Scott. I'm running Iridiums a few steps colder to allow for the boost and the spray. Nitrous Outlet are really pushing the Brisks so just wanted your thoughts given your experience with the spray. Thanks.

HemiSam
What are you running?? Two steps colder?? NGK 2310's?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Mine's a 5.7 based motor that's been forged and stroked so it depends from where you start counting. I think it's three steps colder for a 5.7 and 2 steps for a 6.1. They're Iridium LZTR7AIX-13 #5107.

HemiSam

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where's Dave's place located? Can't be to far from me here in east tx, I wouldn't mind drivin' over and seein' what he's got for my car. I need to make up a little speed down the track, 6-speed cars are slightly harder to cut a good light than with an auto.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Dave or Graham will set you up. Tell em HemiSam sent you. You'll want a window switch with the stick...

HemiSam

Nitrous Outlet
5427 N HWY 6
Suite C
Waco, TX 76712

Local: (254) 848-4300
Fax: (254) 848-4316
Toll Free: (866) 648-7637

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info Sam I'll give him a call.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
So according to me research today, running 100-125shot in a 6.1L, I should be running only 1 step cooler? And gap at 0.035"?

If I run Brisk 40-RR14S plugs (two steps cooler for 6.1L), will they be too cool and foul out if nearly all of my driving is NA?

Are there any non-projecting plugs for the 6.1L that are only 1 step cooler? Should I run NGK 2315s?

Looking for guidance, I don't want to buy the wrong set of plugs.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Call Dave or Graham at the Nitrous Outlet. They'll walk you through exactly what you need. Great peeps, and masters of the spray. Tell 'em HemiSam sent ya.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I knew you were gonna say that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts