Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 09 challenger with the good ol 6.1 and I have a nitrous outlet plate jetted at a 150 shot, anyways my question is that I'm running a msd window switch to from 3k to 6k. Now I know that's a good window as I useto have a 300c srt8 with a 100 shot and never had an issue, but I was wondering if I can lower my window to let's say 2500rpm? Is it going to back tire or something? Is it recommend to hit it at 3k due to traction? I run 17 inch wheels with a m&h tire and have zero traction problems it hooks hard I also have the 09 with the getrag differential so the axles are little tougher . So long story short can I hit the nitrous at 2500rpm? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hmm... interesting question. How did you determine 3000 RPM to be an appropriate starting point? Might I suggest you pose the same question to the nitrous kit manufacturer? I would expect that they have substantial experience with the application and be in the best position to advise safe limits.
Lastly consider this; are you willing to take the risk with your motor over lowering the window by 500 RPM? While nitrous systems have improved substantially over the years, they are still quite capable of destroying an engine if you aren't careful. In the meantime, enjoy the bottle. At 150 HP, It does sound like fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts