Dodge Challenger Forum banner

6.1 prices once 6.4 hits dealerships.

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  huggytree 
#1 ·
What kind of prices do you all think we will see on 08-10 SRT8 used once the 6.4 hits? I already saw a used priced at 28K at a used dealership ad on Autotrader about a month ago. If they get lower, I may be tempted.

#2 ·
Damn... That's pretty much a flat out trade for my R/T...

Will be interesting to see how prices go on the SRT's but I'm more interested to see if the price of the 6.1 intake manifold shoots through the roof. I imagine its gonna get pretty damn hard to find them over time so either prices will go up or someone is gonna need to start coming up with more aftermarket manifolds for the 6.1...

#4 ·
Some of it will also depend on what the build mix for 2011 SRT-8s are too. I think all they are building first are the 392 Special Editions. Not sure when regular SRT-8 production will start. Rumors are late Jan or early Feb. but I don't know how true that is.

#7 ·
i would have bought one 3 months ago if they had given me $8k off

i had an offer back then for $8k off black, but only $4k off pcp

the pcp's will sell in the spring for sure...

maybe they will be $12k off this spring....they waited too long to discount them and now 1/2 the country has 6" of snow

#8 ·
Just went by a dealership in Hudson, MA that has about 4 SRTs with a window sticker of 46,285 and are now selling them for 37k. I am kicking myself for buying the SRT in the spring in the low 40k's.

#9 ·
I wonder..... What is two years and 14,000 miles of driving is worth? I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment in my SRT and I don't think you could offer me $15,000 to give back those 2 years of driving fun. Waiting for a better deal is sometimes not a better deal no matter how much you save.

#10 ·
I'd suspect the prices on 6.1 will soften, since those that want the top dog for performance will go for the 6.4/392...however, there will be good deals to be had on the unsold '10 SRT 6.1s still on the lots.

Now that there's a 100hp differance between the '11 6.4 vs. the 5.7, there's more incentive for buyers to spend for the SRT.

#12 ·
I would love to know if they (Chrysler) are still making a profit chopping $8,000 off sticker. Since these cars are still laying around it is obvious that the dealers were trying to be greedy or that they are over priced to start out with.

If Chrysler has to pay the dealer incentives to get rid of cars that are sucking up floor planning costs because the dealers are being greedy that is stupid. Chrysler needs to get the dealers in line to move these cars or they need to limit production.

Since Chrysler has taken bail out money I suppose I can request the actual cost to produce the car under the Freedom of Information Act. I get sick seeing incentives of 8,000 off and would like to know why the cars are still in inventory and not sold. It's either greedy dealers not moving product, they are producing too many , or if they are still making money with the 8,000 off incentive Chrysler is stooging us.

#13 ·
^^^^^^ This is the main reason many people on this forum tell people not to pay over MSRP to be first to have the new "____".

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is what it is -- a "suggested" price: purely based on what they think the dealership should ask for the car. To pay over what they "suggest", foolish! I would bet that it actually cost Chrysler about $25k to make a SRT8. The rest, profit for all those involved.

Yes, I'd like to have a 6.4L Challenger, but I think I'll drive my 6.1 around for a while until I can "land" one for the prices quoted above. (and 0% financing.):thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.