Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a 6.1 SRT a few months ago and while I love the car now I wish I had a 392. Guess I better start saving my money again cause the bug has rebitten me. Has this happen to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I can't speak to the 6.1, but I did own a 5.7 for 903 miles before I bought my 392. I have no regrets, other than not doing it from the beginning...it would have saved me a lot of money!!! lol

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We are all victims of Madison Avenue Marketing. Your car is just as good but they make you FEEL like you NEED a 392, truth is you only want it. Save the money in the bank, in the direction this country is headed you'll be happier for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 6.1 can be stroked to a 392 that will actually have more power than the 2011-2014 OEM 392...and for less $$..
Hmm how is this done? And where? Can the suspension be graded and bluetooth stream be added to mygig as well.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Bought a 6.1 SRT a few months ago and while I love the car now I wish I had a 392. Guess I better start saving my money again cause the bug has rebitten me. Has this happen to anyone else?
For the same price I would've gotten a 13 392 at, I now have a 630 HP 6.1. Only thing I wanted that the 6.1 didn't have was the 900 watt sound system. Take the money you saved and either stroke it or drop in a super charger.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I did want the 392 but I Saw mine and fell in love with it at I didnt evan know how rare the color was now I'm really in love with it I did think it would be faster tho

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I wouldn't

I'm switching from a 5.7. Makes sense. You have all the SRT stuff on your car already. I agree with the earlier posts....stroke or blow.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
426 Hemi

I know the blowers are more practical. But the idea of a 426 is SO cool. If I had the 6.1....it become a 426.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Bought a 6.1 SRT a few months ago and while I love the car now I wish I had a 392.

Welcome to the hot rod club, those are feelings we have when there is more fun under the hood of the latest model. Consider supercharging and wider tires, they kind of go together.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
545 Posts
its easier to finance a 392 then to have to drop 8k on a super charger. I couldn't imagine buying a brand new car, and taking it to get 8k of work done. once you add suspension, smaller steering wheel, different rims, hp increase, interior changes (seats in some, radio rer is pretty expensive) You would probably find it a lot easier to just buy the 392. But there is fun in upgrading your 6.1 and you can make it exactly how you want it.....

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
its easier to finance a 392 then to have to drop 8k on a super charger. I couldn't imagine buying a brand new car, and taking it to get 8k of work done. once you add suspension, smaller steering wheel, different rims, hp increase, interior changes (seats in some, radio rer is pretty expensive) You would probably find it a lot easier to just buy the 392. But there is fun in upgrading your 6.1 and you can make it exactly how you want it.....
Chase Slate card is no interest for 15 months. Pretty easy to get approved for enough to buy a supercharger kit. If you can pay it in 15 months, that's about the best financing yoy can get.

Reactions: King_Lyons

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lot of good suggestions. I only drive the car Twice a week. Probably just keep it. Like somebody said it's still an srt8 and has a lot of power and gets looks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A lot of good suggestions. I only drive the car Twice a week. Probably just keep it. Like somebody said it's still an srt8 and has a lot of power and gets looks.
I owned a RT charger prior to buying my SRT8 Challenger, I never drove a 6.1 but I have heard tons of guys up grading on this site! The new 392 are incredible for there sizes and handling! Also the upgrade are great also! I came from a C6 and haven't looked back! The new SRT 8 are worth the upgrade especially if you don't plan on tracking your car and wanting to be the fastest car on the road! Make the change to the new 392! Prior to the challenger I owned two vettes and and the supercharged cobra and these big flagships are the best of the best in performance and comfort!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Wait for the Hellcat to upgrade. That is my plan.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I couldn't imagine buying a brand new car, and taking it to get 8k of work done. once you add suspension, smaller steering wheel, different rims, hp increase, interior changes (seats in some, radio rer is pretty expensive) You would probably find it a lot easier to just buy the 392. But there is fun in upgrading your 6.1 and you can make it exactly how you want it.....

Add What?.... The guy has a SRT not a model T.

HOT ROD ON

1 - 20 of 22 Posts