Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've looked all over the forum for this topic so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been hashed. I'd like to conver my 2009 SRT to a 6.4L. As I understand it both use the same block and I found a piton/ring kit online for $5k. What else do I need to consider before jumping into these unfamiliar waters?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Hey guys,
I've looked all over the forum for this topic so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been hashed. I'd like to conver my 2009 SRT to a 6.4L. As I understand it both use the same block and I found a piton/ring kit online for $5k. What else do I need to consider before jumping into these unfamiliar waters?

Thanks!!
You can just bore and stroke the 6.1L to a 392. Arrington Performance has a conversion kit. I would say, if you are going the 6.4L route, you might as well go with a 426.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...as you can see, I don't know much in this area (and don't pretend to). I looked at 426 stroker kit noted above and found it was the kit I was referring to in my first post (I didn't notice it was a 426 stroker kit...thought it was a 6.4 upgrade). What else should I consider doing while having the cylinders bored; is there anything else I should consider doing while I have the engine torn apart?

What about the computer? Does it require some type of re-program to deal with the larger engine displacement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Aluminum Block 426 !!!!

Get the new Mopar 426 Aluminum block and build the hell out of if with ported heads, better valve springs and a bigger cam ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the Arrington 392 conversion installed. They also installed billet main caps, forged crank, and roller rockers. They said if i went to the 426 i would have to change to high flow cats. I live in Northern VA. Emission inspection would not pass with High flow cats. 392 with Magnuson SC and 12 lb boost gives me 603 rwhp and 700 ft lbs torque. I also upgraded the auto trans, torque converter, and axles.
P.S. my upgrade list has not been updated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.