Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a manual 6.1 SRT 8 and have built several supercharged vehicles. Bought a twin turbo setup Hellion kit off of D.V. From another forum. Got the build underway.

Stock 6.1 with MBPR exhaust
6265 BB turbos
2 Tial 50mmblow off
38mm turbo waste gates
Turbo smart e boost controller with solenoids
4"intercooler
ID 1000 injectors
MSD fuel boost
Tune by Johan

Plans are to run 7-8lb of boost.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install complete

Well, got the kit installed, Johan tune and it running well. I just need to figure out this eboost turbosmart controller. The wastegate springs are suppose to be 8 lb and may just need to turn controller off to figure out max boost of springs. The tune is safe with fueling msd voltage boost and ID 1000 injectors, but may change out pump and do e85. Any suggestions?

Steve

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts
Pistons forged? How much horsepower and toque are you making? Are you planning to drag race? Manual or automatic?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
Pistons forged? How much horsepower and toque are you making? Are you planning to drag race? Manual or automatic?
I'm curious and interested too. Can you Please tell us more, such as how it runs, if you're Happy with how she turned out and also what you think of the Hellion kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I’m running stock 6.1 with the listed items. I’m looking to run 8-10lb boost with safe tune and looking at possibly doing e85 prior to pushing it to much on 93 octane. I am interested in what best pump to run that will fit in stock hat without much modification. The current setup pushes8-10 of boost with over boost set at 10lb. So the wastegate is opening at that point. The car is a six speed with 69k miles. Going to have clutch replaced over winter. So far it runs great just the boost hits pretty hard and need to put it on a dyno to keep in controlled environment. I really don’t want to blow the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious and interested too. Can you Please tell us more, such as how it runs, if you're Happy with how she turned out and also what you think of the Hellion kit.

Thanks

Haven’t dynoed yet. Should be pushing 550-600hp. The kit fit great. No issues other than modifying the front bumper support for the larger intercooler 4”. The turbos are billet 6265 precision freshly rebuilt. Had an oil issue at first and found driver side was missing restrictor. Everything is good now. The only thing I can foresee is the location of turbos being an issue on lowered cars. Mine is factory height. You will not be dissolved with Hellion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a while since I posted last. The car is running 6.5 lb of boost as I managed to program the controller to open Watergate beyond 7LB. The tune is spot on and it pulls super hard. Going to put on dyno soon. Next upgrade is the fuel pump swap for e85 and upgraded tune.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
I'm Really interested in seeing the results of your time on the rollers (dyno).

I like the fact even though you have a Nasty (I mean that in a good way) looking Challenger, that it could be taken as a sleeper. Turbos are cool that way, in that they tone down the exhaust. Are you running a boost controller or just the tune and the wastegate controlling things?

Nice job and Thanks for sharing your build and the updates! :cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm Really interested in seeing the results of your time on the rollers (dyno).

I like the fact even though you have a Nasty (I mean that in a good way) looking Challenger, that it could be taken as a sleeper. Turbos are cool that way, in that they tone down the exhaust. Are you running a boost controller or just the tune and the wastegate controlling things?

Nice job and Thanks for sharing your build and the updates! :cheers:
I am running a turbosmart boost controller and may have a full forged piston and rods on the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: FreddyG
1 - 9 of 9 Posts