Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a used 6.1 Vortech supercharger to install on my 09 5.7. What major differeences will I run ito? Are the injectors bigger on the 6.1 kit? It comes with everything, including boost a pump, do I need the BAP? I am getting a great deal on it, just want to make sure I don't blow it up when I install it.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
DCX depot install a 6.1 in my 2010 RT. There are a few mounting brackets needed for the 5.7. Yes my came with Kenny Bell BAP it was mounted in the trunk near the battery. I think the bigger injectors will work. You're going to need a good tune. Call Tim at DCX depot. Their a sponsor on this site he maybe able to help. I let them tune mine on their dyno. Their tuner Dave is one of the best. I got 472 and 485 to the rear wheels. Good luck
I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a used 6.1 Vortech supercharger to install on my 09 5.7. What major differeences will I run ito? Are the injectors bigger on the 6.1 kit? It comes with everything, including boost a pump, do I need the BAP? I am getting a great deal on it, just want to make sure I don't blow it up when I install it.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Injectors are the same in both kits. You will need at the very least - different bracket for the Headunit and MAP sensor block.

You will need the Boost a Pump for the 8 psi that the kit will run (unless you have found a really early 6.1L Kit).

I will work up a quote on the parts you will need - minus a tune - but I can get you in contact with someone that can get a tune for you as well :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with Vortech and their answer is that the brackets are different. They said the differences were in the way the pulleys line up on the 5.7 vs 6.1. They also quoted a price of just over 1000, so this good deal is really as much as a new kit for a 5.7..... not worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I just got off the phone with Vortech and their answer is that the brackets are different. They said the differences were in the way the pulleys line up on the 5.7 vs 6.1. They also quoted a price of just over 1000, so this good deal is really as much as a new kit for a 5.7..... not worth it.
Call us tomorrow...Vortech only sells at MSRP prices, we can save you some $$ on the parts needed to run the kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts