Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 401 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, use this thread to post all of your best times with the 6.1 Challenger. Also, be sure to post whether you are modded or not, and if so what those mods are. Also, please let everyone know what your launch technique, and setup was (such as tires at 20 psi, esp off, etc.)

Also, we should try to keep these to actual track times vs. any EVIC displays to keep confusion down, and accuracy up.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Whoa, you gotta include some more information if you're gonna be posting up a time like that. What mods, was it a challenger? Fill us in.
EDIT: Hah, sorry didn't realize you were with hennessy. Still, which kit was that with? Is that the one there is a video of?

·
Registered
100 Posts
4.81 0 to 60 is all I've done so far, totally stock w/ auto, traction on,
40 deg. outside.
tried shifting myself w/ trac. on and off but the best time was leaving it in drive w/ trac on. lot of wheel spin.
when theese tires pop I'll try again w/ some stickey tires.
sorry my bad just read title"track times" :SM127:

·
Registered
974 Posts
probably track times only. with the EVIC its possible to be on a slight downgrade, etc. I really would like to see the best stock times for an SRT. I bet the right driver might be able to pull off a 12.6.
I believe 12.69 is the best time I've ever seen for an SRT8 product and I believe it was a charger a while ago. No doubt in the last few years there have been more than a few srt8s which have broken into the 12s essentially stock.

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
This is going to be interesting! Let's see the track times, as well as track location, DA, etc. so we can compare the times across the country!

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
There are a number of 12 second runs at the Charger forums. Here's a 12.86 at 109.65:

http://www.ot2.cupofnoodles.com/trishield/MVI_8704.AVI

I remember many mentions of 110 trap speeds and quicker ETs, but I'm not digging for any other slips. Most are running in the 108 range, but who knows? We're not talking about 112 or something way out of whack.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There are a number of 12 second runs at the Charger forums. Here's a 12.86 at 109.65:

http://www.ot2.cupofnoodles.com/trishield/MVI_8704.AVI

I remember many mentions of 110 trap speeds and quicker ETs, but I'm not digging for any other slips. Most are running in the 108 range, but who knows? We're not talking about 112 or something way out of whack.
Not requesting additional proof, I just don't think people realize how much HP it takes to get another 2-5 MPH out of a 4100 lb car (not counting the driver weight) in the 1/4 mile. I'm guessing you're riding in a factory freak or possibly even a Predator tune that you were unaware of since that extra 3 MPH over typical runs would cost you about 40 HP over "stock".

p.s. - That Black SRT in the video had virtually no wheelspin at the line either, something that would be reflected in a sub-2 second 60 foot time, which is what I would expect.

I'm ecstatic for you, I too believe that the SRT family is fully capable of sub 13 second runs. I also hope my '09 runs in the same ballpark (even with a sad 2.1 60 ft time :rofl:).

It just means I'll have to take it up a few notches on my '65.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you wanting strictly "track times", what about times from off the digital display in the speedo?

Sorry i have been out of town for a few days. We should try to keep this to actual track times vs the evic display. Its not as accurate, and can be fooled at times.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I suggest keeping a list in the first post such as many other forums do, especially the Corvette forums, 350Z, etc. They call it the "fast list" with separate entries by bone stock, bolt-ons, engine work, FI, etc. It's a great resource and reference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not requesting additional proof, I just don't think people realize how much HP it takes to get another 2-5 MPH out of a 4100 lb car (not counting the driver weight) in the 1/4 mile. I'm guessing you're riding in a factory freak or possibly even a Predator tune that you were unaware of since that extra 3 MPH over typical runs would cost you about 40 HP over "stock".
Between the heat soak and (for some), the sluggish 2-3 diagnostic shift after start-up, the range can be huge.

If 108mph is achieved with proper prep under average conditions, imagine what a 45-50 degree day with a negative DA and no headwind. Combine that with a 1.9 60ft, 12s for sure.

300C and Charger forums have quite a few.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
The old saying is for every 100# off is worth a tenth. Is there anything in these cars that are removable. Are the steel wheels lighter that the big ole factory rims? The loss of the rolling weight makes the Hp work better.

1 - 20 of 401 Posts