Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the 6.4 intake/MSD box/pigtail harness/actuator swap? Aiming to do the swap this weekend..

Attachments

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Wiring:
The majority of folks do this swap figure out where they want the MSD and Circuit boss located first. Then measure the length of wiring needed to reach the SRV intake manifold connector. Then they take all the wiring to the kitchen table and do the cutting and soldering there. Wrapping all the wires with tape and then the connections are extremely easy in the engine bay.

MSD:
White ---------- injector (Back injector on passenger) with green marker on it
Red-------------Purple wire on Circuit boss
Yellow---------Orange on intake
Black-----------Piggy-backed by connector and connected to Circuit boss and Intake orange - These all end up wby the circuit boss ground. It's a black wired loop at the base and is grounded when you mount it.
Grey------------Not used

MSD Setup:

RPM "ON" set to 46, 48, ect (For 4600 rpms, 4800 rpms....)
RPM "Off" set to 80 for 8,000 rpms
Cylinger set at 1 for V8 with coil packs

Circuit Boss
Red-------------Connected to external positive power right next to battery or on the fuse box post up front
Pink-------------Put a Mouser Pin connector on the end of the pink wire and connect to space available in fuze box (spare #10) or If you have the newer fuse box use a BP/HHH ATM Fuse Tap or something similar to get power from the top of the fuse box.

Yellow----------Not used so tape it off until you want to use it for nitrous later ;-)
Blue-------------Intake orange power wire, make sure you mark which wire is which so they do not get mixed up
Purple----------MSD Red
Black-----------Ground

Ground:
piggy back the intake connector (orange) to the black (MSD) and then after trimming length add a round connector to the end so you can screw it down along with the circuit boss ground when you secure the circuit boss to the fender.
Drill a small hole smaller than the screw and then install the screws using the ruber pads on each side and applying the grounds to the one side with the round connector (circuit boss ground).

Power:
Drill holes for the circuit boss, attach to fender, connect the red wire from the circuit boss to one side and then attach another red wire from the circuit breaker marked battery side and then attach that part of the red wire to the factory positive battery post with the round connector supplied with the boss kit.

I've made two of these harnesses. I attached pics of mine and where I mounted things.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pector, where exactly did you plug the pink wire into? Im searching in my fuse panel (passengerside)..everything I plug into is just live...Ive seen some pics of people plugging into a harness, but I dont think its the same for my 15..As of now, when I want to use the actuator, I will have to plug it in manually, then unplug it when I get home so the battery won;t drain.

Aside from that though, my intake install went well!

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
108 Posts
I'm following this.

Marl

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
I just saw that there were some questions so I'll update this with pics and a diagram today. It just so happens that I pulled out my 392 intake, MSD and Cirkuit Boss as one complete kit. For my Whipple, I'm putting in a brand new Cirkuit Boss (their spelling, not mine).

Just at a high level, there are a lot of wires but don't be intimidated. Off the Cirkuit Boss, Red and Black are simple.

RED - That is battery power and you put in the inline fuse. You can either trail your gas lines and connect it straight to the battery or use the front power post.
Black - ground where you ground your Cirkuit Boss.

Pink - switched power. I will get pics today on where / how to do this. I think it's the most confusing for people.

After that, you have the 3 power outlets from the circuit boss. 2 are only on when you have switched power and 1 is full time. Off the top of my head, I believe Blue and Yellow are the two that are switched, and purple is constant.

My goal:

Switched power 1: My MSD BAP
Switched power 2: Boost Gauge
Constant power: Line Lock with an inline switch

Reactions: Snowkan

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Pector, where exactly did you plug the pink wire into? Im searching in my fuse panel (passengerside)..everything I plug into is just live...Ive seen some pics of people plugging into a harness, but I dont think its the same for my 15..As of now, when I want to use the actuator, I will have to plug it in manually, then unplug it when I get home so the battery won;t drain.

Aside from that though, my intake install went well!
See my last post - I'm going to get everyone a few pics of how to do this today. That said, I ran my MSD originally with constant power. I assumed that if I didn't, it would lose the settings. MSD confirmed that it won't but also, there is an extremely small power draw so I had my car setting for over a month with no problem.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Ok, I put in a new circuit boss today. Here are pics of where I installed the CB, the fuse between the CB and fuse box and then I has a pic of the mouser connector going into fuse #5 for switched power.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my fuse panel looks different then yours lol. I heard someone tapped into their parking lights for their pink wire 12V source..Mine is just shoved into a random constant 12V source lol. At least now my RPM box is working..I must have tapped into the negative side of the injector wire...I tapped into the other wire and now my RPM box actually displays the RPM while engine is on (instead of .0)

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
I think my fuse panel looks different then yours lol. I heard someone tapped into their parking lights for their pink wire 12V source..Mine is just shoved into a random constant 12V source lol. At least now my RPM box is working..I must have tapped into the negative side of the injector wire...I tapped into the other wire and now my RPM box actually displays the RPM while engine is on (instead of .0)
Maybe take a look at your cover and see if you have a reference to Diesel PCM. That's what I used and I recall reading that someone else used that one before as well.

For the injectors, both wires are a dark brown. One has a white stripe and the other has a greenish/yellow stripe. You want that yellow/green stripe wire. Also, I believe you want the MSD set to 0 instead of 8 to make sure it reads correctly. Hope that helps.

One other thing.. the blue and yellow are switched and if you use purple, it will be a constant power no matter what you use. So if you want the MSD to shut off then you can use the yellow from the cirkuit boss instead of purple.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Maybe take a look at your cover and see if you have a reference to Diesel PCM. That's what I used and I recall reading that someone else used that one before as well.

For the injectors, both wires are a dark brown. One has a white stripe and the other has a greenish/yellow stripe. You want that yellow/green stripe wire. Also, I believe you want the MSD set to 0 instead of 8 to make sure it reads correctly. Hope that helps.

One other thing.. the blue and yellow are switched and if you use purple, it will be a constant power no matter what you use. So if you want the MSD to shut off then you can use the yellow from the cirkuit boss instead of purple.
MSD set to 1 like in your first post. 1 is for V8 with coil packs.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
So I was doing some more looking and I found what should be a pretty solid solution for everyone. If you unbolt the power and flip the entire fuse box up (I tied it to the coolant overflow to hold it for me). There is a pink wire with green stripe. That is a great wire to use for tapping into for accessory power only. I have gotten rid of my mouser connector and run my Circuit Boss relay (powers boost gauge and line lock) and my intercooler pump relay off this wire. Both work like a Champ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know most people are using the msd window switch and the cirkut boss set-up, could it be done with other items, like the summit racing window switch and a single add a circuit tap?
It's not that I'm cheap, its just a really bulky set up. Any tips, tricks or pics would help out, even after 30 years of working on cars

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Theres been alot of talk about the theory behind tapping into the factory harness and enabling the feature in the PCM somehow, but I don't think anyone has done it yet..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts