Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anybody done this on a 2015 charger or newer? I went ahead and did the wiring and all but apparently my runners aren’t switching at all when they need to be, Any help as into why??

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Will work on any eagle 5.7L. Most likely problems could be the injector wire is not connected correctly ( injector wire that has the green marker on it) or the MSD is not set up properly:

RPM "ON" set to 46, 48, ect (For 4600 rpms, 4800 rpms....)
RPM "Off" set to 80 for 8,000 rpms
Cylinger set at 1 for V8 with coil packs

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,962 Posts
For wiring diagrams go here:

Or for pinouts for the SRV, PCM...ect go here:

I still wonder if SRV can be added via the PCM rather than having to run an MSD?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wiring:
The majority of folks do this swap figure out where they want the MSD and Circuit boss located first. Then measure the length of wiring needed to reach the SRV intake manifold connector. Then they take all the wiring to the kitchen table and do the cutting and soldering there. Wrapping all the wires with tape and then the connections are extremely easy in the engine bay.

MSD:
White ---------- injector (Back injector on passenger) with green marker on it
Red-------------Purple wire on Circuit boss
Yellow---------Orange on intake
Black-----------Piggy-backed by connector and connected to Circuit boss and Intake orange - These all end up wby the circuit boss ground. It's a black wired loop at the base and is grounded when you mount it.
Grey------------Not used

MSD Setup:

RPM "ON" set to 46, 48, ect (For 4600 rpms, 4800 rpms....)
RPM "Off" set to 80 for 8,000 rpms
Cylinger set at 1 for V8 with coil packs

Circuit Boss
Red-------------Connected to external positive power right next to battery or on the fuse box post up front
Pink-------------Put a Mouser Pin connector on the end of the pink wire and connect to space available in fuze box (spare #10) or If you have the newer fuse box use a BP/HHH ATM Fuse Tap or something similar to get power from the top of the fuse box.

Yellow----------Not used so tape it off until you want to use it for nitrous later ;-)
Blue-------------Intake orange power wire, make sure you mark which wire is which so they do not get mixed up
Purple----------MSD Red
Black-----------Ground

Ground:
piggy back the intake connector (orange) to the black (MSD) and then after trimming length add a round connector to the end so you can screw it down along with the circuit boss ground when you secure the circuit boss to the fender.
Drill a small hole smaller than the screw and then install the screws using the ruber pads on each side and applying the grounds to the one side with the round connector (circuit boss ground).

Power:
Drill holes for the circuit boss, attach to fender, connect the red wire from the circuit boss to one side and then attach another red wire from the circuit breaker marked battery side and then attach that part of the red wire to the factory positive battery post with the round connector supplied with the boss kit.

I've made two of these harnesses. I attached pics of mine and where I mounted things.
Hey man, I have a 2016 Charger R/T and I am trying to figure out which fuse to tap into. Should I still tap into fuse #10 like you mentioned? Im not sure that I have the "new" fuse box you mentioned.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You do realize you quoted a 4 year old response and the member has not been on this forum for the past 11 months. That being said, 2016 has different fuse layout than a 2012 (actually I think Pector55 had a 2013 SRT at the time).

You can compare the fuse locations by searching for the owner's manuals online or you can use the online chiltons library to look them up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You do realize you quoted a 4 year old response and the member has not been on this forum for the past 11 months. That being said, 2016 has different fuse layout than a 2012 (actually I think Pector55 had a 2013 SRT at the time).

You can compare the fuse locations by searching for the owner's manuals online or you can use the online chiltons library to look them up.
Hi,
Yea I've looked online quite a bit and I have also checked my own fuse box and I am just really having a lot of difficulty determining which fuse is "switched" power. I figure I will also have to go buy a fuse tapper at an auto parts store because I don't want to use the Cirkit Boss one

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,962 Posts
The link I sent you also has wiring diagrams which helps clear things up.

However, if you want to know which fuse cavity (on a +2015 vehicle) you can tap into under the hood with a fuse tap, it is #34.

You should not grab power from it directly but instead use it to power a relay coil (pin 86, connect 85 to ground). The relay common (pin 30) should tap into the + terminal (use an appropriate sized fuse for what you are driving). Pin 87 will then be your new "ignition" power source.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts