Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
12,053 Posts
I can't say for sure the wiring is there, not even sure where I heard that it was.

When I get my car back, if I can figure out where that plug is, I will take a look.

Only asking because the Active Exhaust has been one the options I have want pretty bad, and it would be one more reason to think about modding my car instead of trading it on an SP. I can dream, right?
that will be an issue, trade light is on

·
Vendor
12,053 Posts
there are limitations to what can be done, short of some type of stand alone active exhaust system, will be near impossible to activate thru the earlier pcm

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
148 Posts
there are limitations to what can be done, short of some type of stand alone active exhaust system, will be near impossible to activate thru the earlier pcm
Wasn't thinking the OP could add it, was asking about my 2015 R/T. Figured since Active Exhaust was part of the SP package, that maybe it would just be the parts and a mod to the tune. Something to do at the same time the 6.4 is swapped in.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your comment though?

·
Vendor
12,053 Posts
the problem is too tell the computer that it has it, no way to add the option

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,131 Posts
Where'd you get the pictures?
From the chilton online manual site.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,131 Posts
the problem is too tell the computer that it has it, no way to add the option
I believe HP tuners has the tables to do so. There are also flags that can be enabled in the engine diagnostic section of HP tuners. Although IMO why add active exhaust? With my setup my pedal is active exhaust.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
148 Posts
Although IMO why add active exhaust? With my setup my pedal is active exhaust.
I guess because I don't have it? :)

My exhaust is too quiet, I like the sound of the cars with active exhaust, and I like the dual nature of it. Nothing is a perfect solution and I wish it had a whisper quiet option like the Mustang, but it is better than my stock setup and if I did end up going down the road of swapping in the 6.4, be cool to also add the Active Exhaust at the same time.

To be clear, I'm not asking about add it to my 5.7, this is more just the "what-if" idea of doing a 6.4 swap and what else could be done.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
NoWeeds

A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,163 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts