Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 5.7. A friend of mine is selling stock, 6.4 exhaust manifolds and midpipe. My question is if they will fit and if it will be worth it?

I currently have a 6.4 air intake and I was thinking of adding the 6.4 intake manifold and a tuner at some point. I’m thinking I may not see much of a gain until the tuner programs the car to work better with these added components. Am I right here?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go long tube headers more gain!
I was offered the 6.4 exhaust manifolds and midpipe for $159. I agree I could get more power from a long tube headers but fr the price I don’t think I can Beat this deal?

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
I was offered the 6.4 exhaust manifolds and midpipe for $159. I agree I could get more power from a long tube headers but fr the price I don’t think I can Beat this deal?
Headers are a PITA on these cars. Because of the job alone I wouldn't put shorties on the car even if I got them for free but that's just me

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
With the 6.4 exhaust manifold, and the 6.4 intake wired up correctly to work the runners, and a GOOD tune, I was definitely able to notice a difference. Almost 350 whp and 420 wtq on the Dyno and I creap past stock 5.7's now.

Long tubes will most definitely net you more HP, however dodge is making 700+ hp using the srt shorties so you can make that call so Its really not restrictive, just doesn't flow as well as long tubes.

If you are trying to squeeze every last ounce of power, go for long tubes. However $150 is a sweet deal and the install will probably run you another $3-$400.

Consider the cost of tuning as well for a 15+ challenger you are gonna need a new ecu, then decide whose gonna tune. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
You may see a peak power increase 12 - 15hp, but that's going to require a tune (and unlocked PCM) to realize any gains.

If you can do the mods yourself, you'll save $$$ its an 8 - 10 job trying to do exhaust manifolds with the heads on the engine - access is tight

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice all

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Yes, for bang for the buck mod it is worth it.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
With the 6.4 exhaust manifold, and the 6.4 intake wired up correctly to work the runners, and a GOOD tune, I was definitely able to notice a difference. Almost 350 whp and 420 wtq on the Dyno and I creap past stock 5.7's now.

Long tubes will most definitely net you more HP, however dodge is making 700+ hp using the srt shorties so you can make that call so Its really not restrictive, just doesn't flow as well as long tubes.

If you are trying to squeeze every last ounce of power, go for long tubes. However $150 is a sweet deal and the install will probably run you another $3-$400.

Consider the cost of tuning as well for a 15+ challenger you are gonna need a new ecu, then decide whose gonna tune. Good luck!
my 5.7L made 350 whp stock with just a Scat PAck 1 PCM on a Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
What was your before/after? Did you happen to do so? I'll give that up to variences in dynos. Overall I gained almost 20whp and almost 80wtq (I was running super rich )
I do not know before that, that was a before Dyno. That was a baseline before my cam, long tubes, high flow cats and 180 T-stat. After those it made 434 whp. Going back in May for a 1 piece drive shaft, electric cut outs and a Torque Converter.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
When is the divorce final Frank? :D

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts