1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the MSRP and Dealer cost on a regular 6.4 SRT8 (Non I.E.):
Cost minus holdback is $43,609.00

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't wait to see "Market Adjustment" on this one. Sorry Dodge, I guess I'll stick with my '09' RT. If I need more muscle, a 1 or 2 year old low mileage Shelby will have to do. I'm sorry to say, that at the projected price of these 6.4's, an awful lot of them will be sitting on dealers lots.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Can't wait to see "Market Adjustment" on this one. Sorry Dodge, I guess I'll stick with my '09' RT. If I need more muscle, a 1 or 2 year old low mileage Shelby will have to do. I'm sorry to say, that at the projected price of these 6.4's, an awful lot of them will be sitting on dealers lots.
the best thing about market adjustment...you don't actually have to pay it. just go to another dealer

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
wont be any market adjustment...most IE392's are going for under sticker....so regular 392's will be under also

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are you buying this one, tskatz? I thought you were a 6 speed guy - having owned both. Will this be in addition to the '08? Inquiring minds, etc... :scratchhead:

I still think the $995 "Automatic Tax" is a bummer... :disgust:

·
Registered
382 Posts
wont be any market adjustment...most IE392's are going for under sticker....so regular 392's will be under also
No offense.... But I HIGHLY doubt it.... At least not in my area

·
Banned
407 Posts
No offense.... But I HIGHLY doubt it.... At least not in my area
then go to another area....pay to ship it to your house

im going 3 hours away because no one in my area would order it for me...
haha, agreed ht, don't understand why someone would pay extra because the dealer in their area charges it, especially not in the internet age. i never agreed with the title "market adjustment" anyway. should be "lazy tax"

i'm going 500 miles for mine. didn't have to, but wanted to deal with a guy who knows what he's selling...and i guess i'll just have to drive the thing 500 miles right after i buy it...aw shucks, poor me

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you buying this one, tskatz? I thought you were a 6 speed guy - having owned both. Will this be in addition to the '08? Inquiring minds, etc... :scratchhead:

I still think the $995 "Automatic Tax" is a bummer... :disgust:
Jerry, It's a bit rich for my blood. I'm gonna stay with my 08 SRT8. I could change my mind but it's a lot of cash.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha, agreed ht, don't understand why someone would pay extra because the dealer in their area charges it, especially not in the internet age. i never agreed with the title "market adjustment" anyway. should be "lazy tax"

i'm going 500 miles for mine. didn't have to, but wanted to deal with a guy who knows what he's selling...and i guess i'll just have to drive the thing 500 miles right after i buy it...aw shucks, poor me
I will go anywhere in the U.S. to get the car I want at the price I want to pay. There's no reason to be afraid to buy a car (especially a new one) and have it shipped to you. My SRT8 was originally sold new by Greenfield Dodge in New Jersey. I'm in Alabama.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Being I just got my 2010 SRT8 I really cant justify the upgrade to the 392, worse comes to worse ill just drop a 440 Arrington in it and wave to you 392 guys :)

All in good fun ofcourse.

·
Registered
382 Posts
then go to another area....pay to ship it to your house

im going 3 hours away because no one in my area would order it for me...
Well huggytree... The only problem with that theory is when you need something serviced or have a problem you won't be a high priority on their list... Trust me... I am talking from experience... If you buy a new car from somewhere besides where you need it serviced... you are not treated as well...It SUCKS, but that's just the way it is... most of the time :disgust:

·
Super Moderator
14,216 Posts
Well huggytree... The only problem with that theory is when you need something serviced or have a problem you won't be a high priority on their list... Trust me... I am talking from experience... If you buy a new car from somewhere besides where you need it serviced... you are not treated as well...It SUCKS, but that's just the way it is... most of the time :disgust:
I think that it varies from dealer to dealer. In these times, most dealers are anxious to get your warranty business. I purchased my SRT from Bob Frederick's old dealership, which is 350 miles from my house. I took my car in for a keyfob and driveability reflash and was treated great by my local dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been treated very well at two area service departments. One of them is very slow and really wants the business.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wasn't trying to start a poll of who has had great service at a dealership they didn't purchase their car from....lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
tskatz,
Did you order a stripe delete? I ordered the gray stripe and got my confirmation and it had stripe delete on it. I'm just trying to figure out if everyone ended up with this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
They charge for the auto tranny now? 10 and back were standard and they charged 600 for the manual!

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tskatz,
Did you order a stripe delete? I ordered the gray stripe and got my confirmation and it had stripe delete on it. I'm just trying to figure out if everyone ended up with this.
That car is ordered for dealer stock. I have not ordered one. If I ever buy a 392 it will be in a couple of years when a nice low mileage example will be much more affordable. I just bought my 2008. I've had it three months and it had only 277 miles when I took delivery. In June 2008 the original owner paid $51,000.00 for the car even though the sticker was 41K (fully loaded). I got it for about 32K and it fits my budget. I don't want to put 45k into a 392. My opinion is that when the 2011's become plentiful the depreciation curve will be no different than any other SRT8 Challenger of the same model year with similar miles.
I am not saying what I do is right for everyone but I am having a blast with my 2008 SRT8. Everywhere I go people think it's a just delivered new car and I love it's performance and handling. It's not my first Challenger but it's the nicest one for sure.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
never experienced any of that

do you think they look up where you got the car before they make the appointment with you?....

ring,ring...'i need your vin # before i can make an appointment...ohhhhh...that will be 2 weeks from now...sorry, but if you bought it from us we'd get you in tomorrow'

i think that whole thing sounds silly...its not like your car will be in for service 12x a year...maybe a few times over the 3 year warranty period...so what if they dont treat you as well....if they dont then id go to another dealership and id also complain to Dodge about how the dealership treats you.....ive never worried about which dealer i buy from...if the closest one charges you $3k more does it mean you have to just take it?

i wouldnt think twice about buying from out of state if necessary to get a fair deal......i wouldnt to save $100, but to save $1k-3k id do it in a heart beat..

i ordered from 3 hours away because the 4 dealerships in my area refused to order me a IE392 in sept 2010....they didnt want my $$...screw'em.. the dealer i found had mine ordered in 5 minutes....no haggling, no dealing...he gave me a fair deal and i said order it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts