Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have an unlocked PCM & Diablo Trinity tuner, and I’m thinking about getting forged internals and a supercharger. The issue I’m having is that all of the supercharger packages come with a tuner of some sort. The only one I’ve found so far that’s Diabl tuned is Magnussen, & it includes the tuner as well. I would really like to get a Kenne Bell, but I don’t think I could keep the trinity with that system. What options are out there for supercharger set ups that don’t include the tuner, but can supply tunes for the trinity? I know the Prochargers are good, but I would rather have an Eaton type SC like magnussen, Whipple, Edelbrock, Bell etc. I’m new to this electronically tuned stuff, I’ve always had old school carbureted muscle cars up to now.

2017 T/A 392

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Ive wondered the same thing

Depending on where you are purchasing from maybe you can call direct and find out

Included with the tuners in the kits is usually a startup tune as well

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would not use a hand held to tune your car some do and it's fine but a custom dyno tune is the way to go my diablo sport is a code reader / data log unmarried to the car now

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the Trinity be used to load a custom CMR tune?

Reactions: stevewhite

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the Trinity be used to load a custom CMR tune?
Yeah but people claim it is limited. However limited though, plenty of people use it as a more basic solution with some decent capabilities. HP tuners has more to offer and is more tuner friendly

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
425 Posts
You should be able to get a track (Competition) version of any supercharger you mentioned. I know Edelbrock has both the tuner kit and non-tuner or track version. Only difference is the size of the SC pulley and they do not come with a tuner. Some do not come with the larger fuel pump also. Check around or contact Luke at Steve White Motors.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,480 Posts
I assumed the question was will the Diablo work with the provided SC tune?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
425 Posts
I assumed the question was will the Diablo work with the provided SC tune?

A Guy
  1. My bust, after reading the original post again it seems he wants the factory tune but has the Diablo. Have most of the manufacturers gone to HP? There are a lot of good tuners out there that can give him the same type factory tune for the initial installation.

·
Vendor
12,914 Posts
most supercharger system do not come with tuning, Magnuson does not offer any tuning for the 6.4, and would highly recommend 6 psi only.......

the basic kit we stock from Magnuson does include a t2 from diablo, however no tuning, and no tuning support

tuners are used as way to process calibration software from a computer to the vehicle, think of it as a jump drive
Luke

·
Vendor
12,914 Posts
ps the tuners, like the T2 or the toggle from HP does not give you the ability to tune, software must be downloaded and manipulated by someone with experience, this is not something for the amateurs to try, exploded engines will result

also with HP tuner you must buy credits, usually two for basic engine tuning and 4 for the 8 speed
50.00 each, again not tuning, but just for the right to tune, licensing fees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts