Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black Scat Pack Widebody
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently become a lot more interested in the more technical details of how my engine works, specifically how they're put together and what all the parts do. I hate having a cool car with a great engine but knowing very little on how it works!

So does anyone know of a guide on how my 6.4L Scat Pack V8 is assembled? Maybe a detailed walkthrough assembly video or something? Not trying to take my own engine apart, just for my own knowledge!

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts

I found this on allpar.com Might at least give you some general information. If I find something better I'll post it.

Will-

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
This is a 5 minute timelapse of a Hellcat engine being assembled (not by FCA) it will give you an idea of what it looks like

·
Registered
2020 Pitch Black Scat Pack Widebody
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a 5 minute timelapse of a Hellcat engine being assembled (not by FCA) it will give you an idea of what it looks like

Ha, this was actually the video that made me post this question. I wanted to see my engine given the same treatment, maybe a bit slowed down :)
I watched this video on like 1/4 speed to see what he was doing!

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
all of the V8s - 5.7 / 6.4 / HC 6.2 are assembled in the Saltillo engine plant in Mexico

there's some specific components for the SRT 6.4 and SC 6.2, but they are derived from the same design as the 5.7

all the SC 6.2 engines omit MDS system

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,089 Posts
Look up the National Geographic Special that was made in 2010 on YouTube. Think it was called Megafactories. There is one of the Brampton Assembly Plant. Not exactly what you’re looking for, but it may answer some of your questions. There is a segment on the Saltillo engine operation. Great video...

This version is in Spanish. Go to the 26 minute mark to see the Saltillo footage.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
A factory service manual would be fund to read if you like this stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,703 Posts
Reactions: FeeshTacos
1 - 8 of 8 Posts