Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all;

I seemed to have lost the screw for my 6.4 intake manifold map sensor. I work for a dealer, and there isn't a part number for that screw. Would anyone know the specs of it by chance??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turns out this isnt the screw I needed! I think it may be fine thread..WIll keep searching...if anyone has a 6.4 intake, can you get a pic of this screw?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Weird because that is the screw I used for the MAP sensor on my 392 manifold. The intake isn’t fine threaded since everything screws right into the plastic.

do you have a picture of the screw?

i purchased both the viper one and the one A Guy posted and they had identical threads, just different colors.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on mine at least, it seems to thread into a copper block. I can thread the first few threads, but it gets super tight
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Trunk Automotive design
Grey Font Electronic device Monochrome photography Audio equipment

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did you buy it used? Maybe the threads were stripped and previous owner added a threaded insert. There is only 1 392 manifold part number, I bought mine new and the bolt goes straight into plastic, no insert. If it has an insert just go to a hardware store and buy a few different size bolts, one will fit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased it used yes. I ended up being able to get the screw in though! Helps having the proper tool lol..Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts