Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really nice package and I only removed it to install the new Edelbrock Victor II manifold and the Hellcat throttle body.

The manifold was ported by Peak Speed and includes the API 88mm throttle body. Here is a link to PeakSpeed:

HEMI 392 6.4L Intake Porting + 88mm Throttle Body Package 2013+ [HEMI IM - BASIC+TB13] - $914.99 : Peak Speed Shop, Boosting Horsepower...Adding Style!

The manifold / throttle body kit will cost nearly $1,000 shipped from Peak Speed + you owe them your core.

The FORE fuel rails are designed for all GenIII Hemi's; however the fuel crossover it setup for a 6.4L. You may have to redo the fuel line crossover if you install on a 5.7L or 6.1L engine.

https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/11-900.htm

When configured for a 6.4L hemi, this kit is nearly $500 shipped

The JLT CAI includes a like new R2C Black Hex filter, which is superior to the oiled S&B that came with the CAI.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=689

The CAI retails for $259 + shipped. This doesn't include the R2C black hex which was $60.

Ok, now for my pricing:

Full Combo (manifold, throttle body, rails and CAI... shipping included) - $1050 - You also get to keep your core intake manifold, which you can sell for $300 or so.

Ported Manifold / 88mm Throttle Body - $650 shipped - I will not split the manifold and throttle body up. One of the manifold throttle body screws stripped when I initially installed it. I fixed it (tapped and installed larger bolt), but I want to keep everything assembled. Again, you can keep your core manifold.

Fore Fuel Rails - $300 shipped

JLT CAI - $175 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will include the factory 6.4L manifold bolts; however the manifold is bare. You will need to reuse your active runner module, PCV valve, MAP sensor and port gaskets from your original manifold.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R2C CAI Sold

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I'm interested in the intake and TB. Will it run very well with a canned Diablosport tune, or will I need a custom tune?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested in the intake and TB. Will it run very well with a canned Diablosport tune, or will I need a custom tune?

Thank you.
It will absolutely crank and run just fine on a canned diablo tune. However, it may be lean at WOT. Basically, once you go past a CAI or catback... you really need to invest in a custom tune.

When I first installed the manifold, it really leaned me out past 5,600 rpms. If I remember correctly, it raised my AFR about 0.5, which is quite a bit.

Now, if your sitting at 12.0, then that would be ok. However, if your already at 12.4 or so, then 12.9 is pushing it. Would you blow the engine? No, but it could induce some ST Knock.

You would be fine to drive the car with the intake / TB.. I just wouldn't track it until you get the tune adjusted.

The 88mm is a good sized TB and you MIGHT pop a idle airflow code (doesn't hurt anything). A tuner can easily correct this issue by adjusting the throttle body airflow tables. The code won't affect how the car runs. My car popped it, many others don't.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I’m sure this has sold already , more interested on your thoughts on porting the intake. I’ve been contemplating doing it myself. Just wondering if the gains are worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts