Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the expected quarter mile time for a a5 392 with cai,long tubes, 85mm throttle body along with custom tune and dr's

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
What would be the expected quarter mile time for a a5 392 with cai,long tubes, 85mm throttle body along with custom tune and dr's
Alot goes into determining that final E/T... weather, DA. But generally speaking:

cai, long tunes, throttle body and DRs would probably yield you 12 flat but with an auto I would probably guess 11.90 somewhere in there. With 6psi from a blower I would suspect mid low 11s

·
Registered
504 Posts
Depending on DA, tires and weight I will say 12.3 maybe 12.1

Todd

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice
Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
There is a M6 at the track I go to running 11.9s with almost 8 PSI boost in 1K DA. A5 probably mid 11s with good DRs.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
mid 11's easy........I ran 11.8 @ 121 with my 2007 SRT8 Charger 6.1L. It only had catless mids, JBA catback, custom tune and 6 pound procharger. And to top it off, that was on a non drag radial street tire. Yokahama junk tire.......

·
Registered
678 Posts
In the heat I am running 12.0's already. I am looking at Procharger and will be disappointed if it is not south of 11.5 and in great weather even better

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have the 2009 SRT and ran 13.1 stock. Bought tuner and ran 12.8. Bought HHP stage 2 pkg. ran 11.8. Installed Procharger ran 10.8. What's next? About 12 grand to get to high 9's.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I ran 10 lbs of boost with forged drop in pistons is there anything else at risk for breaking and if so what should also be upgraded

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
If I ran 10 lbs of boost with forged drop in pistons is there anything else at risk for breaking and if so what should also be upgraded
Check the RWHP rating on your transmission and axle. The 2010 manual transmission is only rated for 600, so that is the weak spot after the pistons for me. Not sure what it is on your model, but the manufacturer's website has all of that.

·
Registered
468 Posts
HHP upgrade the valve body for the increase in HP. Still stock bottom end and 5 yrs old. It's all in the tuner! Josh is the man.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HHP upgrade the valve body for the increase in HP. Still stock bottom end and 5 yrs old. It's all in the tuner! Josh is the man.
How much more horsepower can the valve body allow it to handle over stock
What was the cost

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts