Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've been searching aroung and hav'nt seen any 6speed V6 cars. If any one has any info please resond. Currently I have a 2010 S/E that I have been working slowly on my own it has the Borla Cat Back dual exghaust, Hurst Shifter, Hurst Line Lock, Bimbo Brakes, been saveing up for a Supercharger. Just thought a 6speed would give more torque. Had a Trans Am back in the day that had a V6 in it with a 5speed and it was a monster when I took it to the track, loads of fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Like ... ANY MT V6? The S/E-SXT has never, to my limited knowledge been offered in a MT ... regrettably. If the had, I'd have one now instead of the A5.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Guys, I've been searching aroung and hav'nt seen any 6speed V6 cars. If any one has any info please resond. Currently I have a 2010 S/E that I have been working slowly on my own it has the Borla Cat Back dual exghaust, Hurst Shifter, Hurst Line Lock, Bimbo Brakes, been saveing up for a Supercharger. Just thought a 6speed would give more torque. Had a Trans Am back in the day that had a V6 in it with a 5speed and it was a monster when I took it to the track, loads of fun.
Is the attached picture your car? If so, I'm confused. S/E or R/T??? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RGHOSKINS, in 83 the 5speed was a option for the V6 I should know I had one. Just thought I would see if anyone else had herd of anyone replaceing the automatic for a manual, didnt think that I would accually have to revert to provide the facts about my past rides. Here is some helpfull reading from Trans Am World.
1983 Pontiac Firebird

Comments: Not much changed visually for 1983, but under the hood, things were definitely improving. The S/E's V6 saw its output rise to 125 bhp and a five-speed manual was now available. A new "L69" 5.0 liter V8 with four barrel carb appeared mid-year with available five-speed manual rated at a somewhat respectable 190 bhp. A new four speed automatic transmission also was available.

Production:
Engines: 2.5 liter I4 90 bhp. 2.8 liter V6 125 bhp. 5.0 liter V8 145 bhp. 5.0 liter ("Cross-Fire Injection) V8 165 bhp. L69 5.0 liter V8 190 bhp.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its a S/E with R/T stripes on it . Bought it used they were already on it .
Weird. Guess it's not your fault then. The previous owner was probably trying to fool people into thinking it was an R/T. :disappointed: No one does that. :nono:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Weird. Guess it's not your fault then. The previous owner was probably trying to fool people into thinking it was an R/T. :disappointed: No one does that. :nono:
sometimes it's the dealerships that do that.
back in 2009 when I was shopping SE's I found a new black SE that had aftermarket SRT stickers on it that the dealership applied.

on the subject of manual trans in a V6...the manufacturers know that offering a manual V6 will pull from V8 sales.
manual trans is a must have for some buyers...a number of R/T buyers have stated they would have got a V6 had they offered it with a manual trans.
it's just business...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't believe that a manual on a V6 would hurt Hemi sales. They spiff Hemis on trucks as no cost upgrades on some models. If anything, manual V6s would help their CAFE.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I don't believe that a manual on a V6 would hurt Hemi sales. They spiff Hemis on trucks as no cost upgrades on some models. If anything, manual V6s would help their CAFE.
If even ONE buyer opted for a manual V6 vs maual V8 then it would have hurt HEMI sales
easier to not offer it on the lower end model and force people into the higher end model when manual is a must have in their decision to buy

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
If even ONE buyer opted for a manual V6 vs maual V8 then it would have hurt HEMI sales
easier to not offer it on the lower end model and force people into the higher end model when manual is a must have in their decision to buy

I actually agree with this.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts

Stripes are not up badging. If the stripe says RT.....that is different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Stripes are not up badging. If the stripe says RT.....that is different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree striping is not upbadging however the OP has hood to fender stripes with R/T under them...in this case the car has been upbadged regardless of who did it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts