Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped my car off at dodge about the shifter make good noise and being real loose you can move it about 4 inches in gear and same in neutral, said if it's the shifter it's self it's not covered but is inside transfer it it. Isn't the shifter part of the powertrain or no?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just dropped my car off at dodge about the shifter make good noise and being real loose you can move it about 4 inches in gear and same in neutral, said if it's the shifter it's self it's not covered but is inside transfer it it. Isn't the shifter part of the powertrain or no?
If you're just under the Powertain Warranty now, then no, the shifter itself probably isn't...the Powertrain Warranty is pretty much just "internal moving parts" of the Engine and Transmission IIRC.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you're just under the Powertain Warranty now, then no, the shifter itself probably isn't...the Powertrain Warranty is pretty much just "internal moving parts" of the Engine and Transmission IIRC.
from the engine to the rear end, correct? hope so with the reported rear end noise that many have been dealing with

·
Registered
212 Posts
from the 2014 warranty booklet

The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers these parts and
components of your vehicle’s powertrain supplied by
Chrysler Group LLC:​
Gasoline Engine:​
cylinder block and all internal parts; cylinder head
assemblies; timing case, timing chain, timing belt, gears
and sprockets; vibration damper; oil pump; water pump
and housing; intake and exhaust manifolds; flywheel
with starter ring gear; core plugs; valve covers; oil pan;
turbocharger housing and internal parts; turbocharger
wastegate actuator; supercharger; serpentine belt tensioner;
seals and gaskets for listed components only.​
Transmission:​
transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter;
drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; speed sensors;
pressure sensors; transmission control module; bell
housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components
only.​
NOTE:​
MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH

PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
Rear Wheel Drive:​
rear axle housing and all internal parts; axle shafts; axle
shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies; drive shaft center
bearings; universal joints and yokes; seals and gaskets
for listed components only.​

Link
I selected 2014 Challenger​

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I ordered a new Hurst got it for 345 So I decided to start taking it apart to put the new one in a little sooner and realized that one of the shifter handle bolts were loose so I Tighe tinged it up and shill going to put Hurst in though

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
So I ordered a new Hurst got it for 345 So I decided to start taking it apart to put the new one in a little sooner and realized that one of the shifter handle bolts were loose so I Tighe tinged it up and shill going to put Hurst in though
Did they even look at it? Once you tightened the screws is it like it originally was?
Once the Hurst unit is installed post up a review.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Seems like this should have been step #1 before the dealer!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sell that made in china Hurst and spend a little more and get a much better Made In USA Barton!!!

Reactions: Bruce Beamer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts