Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody with an 09 RT 6-Speed having problems getting it out of a gear like reverse or shifting in general.dealership tells me they are not aware of any problems.car has about 25,000 miles on it.any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have heard a few people that had syncro problems not letting them get into gears but not getting out of gear.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes.

If the input splines are sticky it is possible to get it to stick in gear. The discs hang up and bind on the input shaft. The fix is to pull the transmission and clean the input shaft and the clutch disc splines. Then reassemble with new pressure plate bolts. Mine was sticking in first and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I think I will have another run at the dealership and see if they will do something about it at their expense.

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I had the same problem also,I allways down shift and with the clutch in, She was hard to pull oput of first but now with the new ram clutch, everything is good.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
dealership tells me they are not aware of any problems
It seems like they were made aware as soon as you brought the car in.:thumbsup:

Many people have had this problem and had it fixed under warranty. I told my local dealership my car was having this problem and they fixed it, no questions. They even will upgrade the syncros to the '10s.

I say, take your car back and tell them to FIX IT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts