Dodge Challenger Forum banner

6 Speed's Reinforced OEM Shifter Handle

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mjb4450 
#1 · (Edited)
I just installed my Mr. Norm's pistol grip shifter handle. When I got the OEM one out it looked different from the one's I had on my 2010 and 2012. I guess they had quite a few broken handles because they reinforced the handle with a metal plate that straddles where the handle bolts onto the shifter.

I also found an easy way to remove that plastic ring that holds on the boot. I drilled two small holes in the ring adjacent to the split and used "C" ring pliers to spread and remove the ring.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting the pictures up I think the change was some time in 2013. Subsequently the change made a few people with 2013's get a ringing sound when switching to an after market handle since our bolts would run out of threads prior to the washers being really snug. BTW great idea for opening the retaining ring.

Take it easy
Jay
Thanks. Yes I noticed the legnthened the screws when I went to put my Mr Norms on. I just added another slightly larger diameter washer the same thickness as the new reinforcement was and all is fine. I must have screwed with that ring for an hour the first time I tried removing it without breaking it back in 2010. That method I used takes about five seconds to spread and remove the ring now. They make it sound so easy in the instructions on both Mr. Norms and Gunslinger (same instructions), just "remove ring".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.