Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this I can see where my 2014 Challenger got it's taillight styling from.

Thanks FCA for keeping Mopar heritage alive.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
the '66 - '67 Charger had wall-to-wall tail lights - this was a styling trend on the Dodge lines [E body models were under development during '66 - '67 as well]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I would say the rear of the 70 challenger was the direct influence....tail lights all across with the backup lights in the middle with the Dodge lettering..just like the 08-14 Challengers...IMO..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I think the 1967 Plymouth Fury III and 1966-67 Dodge Charger may have been the inspiration for the 1970 Challenger's full width tail lights.
Agreed, and I think that is where Desertdawg was going with it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I get what OP is saying, but we should point that it was Daimler-Chrysler that made these cool cars. Not FCA.

Without looking it up, the PT Cruiser and Prowler was also created under Benz's watch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I read somewhere that the 3.6L V6 is not consider a "gem" today. Not only the constant improvements, but it's proven to be a very good corporate engine. And the fact that is not a turbo or direct injection should gain instant points in the long term reliability part.

To give credit to FCA, they done an A+ job in terms of interior.

The only vehicle FCA can claim as a success is the Pacifica.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
O.J.Sakuma
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing