Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60 month lease with option to buy (which I’m going to afterwards anyways)

MSRP is 49,475. Not including the promotions I’m getting through my job and dealer promos and dodge promos.

Is that too much or just right? Also, is there anything I can do to get the price even lower?

I’m putting 0 down.

·
Registered
168 Posts
60 month lease with option to buy (which I’m going to afterwards anyways)

MSRP is 49,475. Not including the promotions I’m getting through my job and dealer promos and dodge promos.

Is that too much or just right? Also, is there anything I can do to get the price even lower?

I’m putting 0 down.

Month

Lease

Hard Pass. Sounds like you need to reevaluate your financial position.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What should be the monthly payments?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,607 Posts
Shoot I would see how much to just buy the car instead of leasing, since you are going to buy it anyway, unless you switch the lease to 36 months, then buy it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t want my monthly payments to be higher, so that’s why I opted for leasing. They told me something along the lines 749 or a little under for financing. I believe it was 72 months.

I also currently leasing a 2019 Challenger GT & they’re willing to use it as trade. So I won’t owe anything on that model anymore. I’m paying $324 currently

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don’t want my monthly payments to be higher, so that’s why I opted for leasing. They told me something along the lines 749 or a little under for financing. I believe it was 72 months.

I also currently leasing a 2019 Challenger GT & they’re willing to use it as trade. So I won’t owe anything on that model anymore. I’m paying $324 currently
Finish out your GT lease and reevaluate your financial situation then.

Being stuck in a $630/m lease for 5 years on Scatpack is the stuff of nightmares and will financially ruin you for life.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,429 Posts
I bought my 2018 SPS which stickered for 55K with 16K miles for a boatload less than that. And that is buying it, not here, take my money for 5 years, and here, take the car back too.
Yes, used to new, not the same, but maybe you should look for lightly used. Thank god for the Hellcats, as long as people keep stepping up to them, more Scat Packs become available! Same thing with Scat Pack and 5.7 R/T.

·
Registered
186 Posts
OMG, 'Wing!!! I offered advice on your problem with the GT and got nothing but flac here. Now I have to be serious!! Boot up the calculator on your phone and take it with you while you negotiate these great deals. Multiply payments times months, plus down payments. Keep in mind the last new car you bought lasted, how many weeks??!!! Now you're talking being in love with one car, which by the time you're done will be off warranty, not worth much, needing repairs, and no longer your 'dream car' and living happily-ever-after. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!! Then, again, if you have a six-figure income, minimal expenses, and a live-in girlfriend with a trust fund, maybe you should just go for it. PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!..............the Mailman

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mailman, the dealer is willing to take my car as a trade in so I won’t owe anything on it anymore and I will only have to worry about the new car

·
Registered
216 Posts
Trading in a practically brand new car and eating that depreciation and on top of that entering a very long term lease? No offense, but who ties your shoes for you?

·
Registered
186 Posts
NO! 'Wing!!! Add up what you have already spent (including the sales tax!) on the car you have, Then add up all these payments you'll make for 5 years. And then you don't own shit and are going to buy a five year old car that, trust me, ain't the 'apple of your eye' anymore. Please, just do the freaking math!!!..................the Mailman

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because people only keep these cars for 5 years right, Mailman? Why wouldn’t it be the apple of my eye?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
330 Posts
We all want a Scat Pack or Hellcat... Leasing for 5 years is rough. Might be best to just eat it and push the payments out as long as you can and at least own it. Like they said above you are losing all you just paid in.

Same with me if I trade my RT in on a SP, I lose my down payment, my original trade in, all of the payments I made, take a hit on what the car is worth with 3200 miles on it, the upgraded warranty/body/crap, and push the payments out even farther. We should have just waited and bought the one we wanted.. Its a curse..
Need to find a really rich woman or win the lottery... both I can't tell the wife about lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We all want a Scat Pack or Hellcat... Leasing for 5 years is rough. Might be best to just eat it and push the payments out as long as you can and at least own it. Like they said above you are losing all you just paid in.

Same with me if I trade my RT in on a SP, I lose my down payment, my original trade in, all of the payments I made, take a hit on what the car is worth with 3200 miles on it, the upgraded warranty/body/crap, and push the payments out even farther. We should have just waited and bought the one we wanted.. Its a curse..
Need to find a really rich woman or win the lottery... both I can't tell the wife about lol
I’m not really losing much on my GT. Only the 2 months I paid on it and there’s a chance I can even get the recent charge returned since I’m returning the car. I spoke to the bank that financed the car & they stated I can get the recent monthly returned. I didn’t trade any car in either. I’m also not paying for any extra warranty and I haven’t invested any money on the car yet other than a new license plate tag that I can take with me to the new car

1 - 20 of 133 Posts