Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 11 hemi ram with mbrp exhaust, loved the sound until it went into 4 cylinder. Then it sounded like a helicopter under water. It had a really noticeable vibration in the truck at lower speed in 4 cylinder, and sometimes a light vibration in v8.
In about a month my challenger with the 6 speed should be here. So I got time to shop and collect stuff " that it needs". I'm pretty sold on the borla s type. Watched a lot of YouTube videos and really like the sound. But was curious if any one on here had this system with the 6speed. If it had any vibration at all, I'm sure it don't since it won't go in 4 cylinder, but just wanted any input before I order. I'm 90% all highway, 80 miles a day. Gotta had some growl .Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Buy a system that you heard in person, you tube videos and how you hear it live are very different, the recording device can skew what you hear. Most any system can be shipped to your door in a week or less so having it first doesn't really save any significant time. Find some from here who lives fairly close and go listen.
Making certain you like that system is paramount.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
You may want to see what you think of the stock 6-speed system initially.

Its louder than the automatic version, since its not tuned to attenuate the 4cyl MDS mode sound.

The majority of the auto versions I've heard modified essentially sound like my OEM 6-speed exhaust.

Plus, when you use more throttle in, you hear a lot more sound with the 6-speed setup.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You may want to see what you think of the stock 6-speed system initially.

Its louder than the automatic version, since its not tuned to attenuate the 4cyl MDS mode sound.

The majority of the auto versions I've heard modified essentially sound like my OEM 6-speed exhaust.

Plus, when you use more throttle in, you hear a lot more sound with the 6-speed setup.
Go and cut off those ugly, heavy resonators and you've really got a great sound and exhaust system with minimal drone! My car sounds like what I think it should have from the factory. For only $200.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
Go and cut off those ugly, heavy resonators and you've really got a great sound and exhaust system with minimal drone! My car sounds like what I think it should have from the factory. For only $200.
Not going to happen.

With the 6.4 cam, I have more induction sound and a deeper / louder exhaust tone over how it was stock. I have more rumble inside even at idle, windows rolled up. When you "get on it" the 6.4 cam in the 5.7 has way more sound over stock, so I've got plenty going on there...

Couple that with the Hurst shifter that I have and that brings more exhaust sound to the interior as well.

I had the shifter installed 1 1/2 yrs. before the cam swap - noticed that I had more exhaust sound in the interior.

The cam swap added more beyond what I already had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts