Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 Challenger. I have 7 inch screen with "uconnect" but NOT REALLY ? sooo I want to have the uconnect like my wifes 2016 Jeep..she has the uconnect app and can lock, unlock ,start, and see vehicle health....I'd LOVE to see oil change, fuel level and such...but I really mostly need start and unlock from the app. UNLESS you have an alternative. I can get the infotainment 8.4" screen, but the Guardian/Uconnect guy says I need the mirror with the ASSIST and SOS buttons. The infotainment screen has the SOS ASSIST AND RESGITER DEVICE apps, but am told they do nothing. SOOOOO I am hearing I need a 2019 Telematics that came from a 2019 with an 8.4 screen. Anyone changed their 2017-2019 screen and/or mirror to achieve the activation of the Guardian/Uconnect services??? mostly I think they systems are the same. but I don't know...I have XM, just not the "uconnect " access. even wiring schematics of the 2018-2019 Challengers interior rear view mirror and 8.4 and 7.0 screens would help. I can trace and see where they lead, what I have and what I need.

TIA>!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2019 Challenger. I have 7 inch screen with "uconnect" but NOT REALLY ? sooo I want to have the uconnect like my wifes 2016 Jeep..she has the uconnect app and can lock, unlock ,start, and see vehicle health....I'd LOVE to see oil change, fuel level and such...but I really mostly need start and unlock from the app. UNLESS you have an alternative. I can get the infotainment 8.4" screen, but the Guardian/Uconnect guy says I need the mirror with the ASSIST and SOS buttons. The infotainment screen has the SOS ASSIST AND RESGITER DEVICE apps, but am told they do nothing. SOOOOO I am hearing I need a 2019 Telematics that came from a 2019 with an 8.4 screen. Anyone changed their 2017-2019 screen and/or mirror to achieve the activation of the Guardian/Uconnect services??? mostly I think they systems are the same. but I don't know...I have XM, just not the "uconnect " access. even wiring schematics of the 2018-2019 Challengers interior rear view mirror and 8.4 and 7.0 screens would help. I can trace and see where they lead, what I have and what I need.

TIA>!!!!
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I’m in the same exact boat....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts