Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the 7 psi kit for my 2013 392. Was wondering is 7 psi safe for the stock pistons? I see edelbrock doing 6 and I know many have been saying don't go 8.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
As long as everything is stock should be fine. 550whp and up is pushing it. Id say 6 to 7# max. Im doing a 4# pulley for my kenne bell but I do have a cam and headers already.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree that 6-7 psi is max on stock pistons. I learned the hard way that adding more boost is like adding more rounds in the revolver.

Short spurts not a big issue, but staying in full boost (9psi) for 30 seconds = Six rounds......BAAAMMM!!

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Looking at the 7 psi kit for my 2013 392. Was wondering is 7 psi safe for the stock pistons? I see edelbrock doing 6 and I know many have been saying don't go 8.
As stated 7 should be fine on the stock setup...for a while. Depends how hard you drive it and how long you stay in the "high" end of boost... Drop in pistons are your best bet then fine to 10 lbs...maybe 12 if all else is stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts