Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what you will need to reach that kind of power with an RT? Which supercharger? What internals to forge? Do you need a cam? I would like to know what other parts of the drivetrain you will need to upgrade to handle this power. What for an automatic, and for a manual? I know you will need halfshafts for a manual but what else? Also what kind of suspension is recommended? Or will the 8 speed automatic be worth waiting for?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was always under the assumption that you can reinforce the 5.7 and turn up the boost to get to desired HP. I am wrong lol

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
to completely forged a 5.7 or Stroke it would be almost the same costs, Also you would need to be running 14-16 Lbs of boost to get that kind of power on the 5.7 then you IATs would be through the roof. IMO better to stroke it run 10LBS of boost and call it a day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I wanted to get more HP in my RT would you suggest starting with getting a supercharger or changing the heads?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I would do the blower. The heads flow very well for what they are.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Just my 2 cents but 700 hp on the street is worthless

All u will do is spin tire. I am at 550 rear wheel and that is all I do lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
thanks, my RT is an automatic by the way, will that make any difference?
You'll be faster in a straight line. Upgrade the valve body too. That will increase the pressure in the trans and push the gears together harder so it will extend the life of the trans.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I don't understand the question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts