Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been a long time lurker for years. Finally decided to register hahaha but here are my questions and I hope I can make it happen. I own a 2014 Dodge Challenger RT 100th anniversary edition and I just love everything about it. Soo long story short I want to drop a 707 engine on it can it be done ? Soo why not just get a Hellcat? Nahh sorry I was never a fan of the interior or exterior body 2014 RT is just what I like.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been a long time lurker for years. Finally decided to register hahaha but here are my questions and I hope I can make it happen. I own a 2014 Dodge Challenger RT 100th anniversary edition and I just love everything about it. Soo long story short I want to drop a 707 engine on it can it be done ? Soo why not just get a Hellcat? Nahh sorry I was never a fan of the interior or exterior body 2014 RT is just what I like.
If you have unlimited funding it can be done.You will have to take every wire out of your car and start like it is just a shell. No system from your car will work with a hellcat drop in engine. I think you are in for more work then you want to take on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it can be done that's good news that's just what I wanted to hear. The price range is quite up there I was thinking maybe something along the lines of 35-40k I was quiet off but I'm certainly almost already set my mind for this. It's not just for the luxury but more of the personal value the car I want that 707 in it and it will happen it just means I gotta wait just a little longer. I appreciate everyone's answer. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,774 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dumping $40,000 into a soon to be a 5 year old car? Not very smart.

·
Super Moderator
14,809 Posts
So it can be done that's good news that's just what I wanted to hear. The price range is quite up there I was thinking maybe something along the lines of 35-40k I was quiet off but I'm certainly almost already set my mind for this. It's not just for the luxury but more of the personal value the car I want that 707 in it and it will happen it just means I gotta wait just a little longer. I appreciate everyone's answer. Thanks
You're also look at the need to:

*upgrade brakes
*upgrade suspension
*stronger rear differential
*new driveshaft
*larger radiator (application for Hellcat)

The greater weight of the Hellcat engine as well as the power output will go beyond what the standard R/T suspension and brakes is designed around.

You'd better really want to keep that '14 for a long time - you won't recoup the modifications when you go to sell it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get with modern muscle Xtreme. They are putting out adaptive systems to put a hellcat blower (and accompaniments) on non hellcat cars. Swapping the block is just a formality if the other stuff can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're also look at the need to:

*upgrade brakes
*upgrade suspension
*stronger rear differential
*new driveshaft
*larger radiator (application for Hellcat)

The greater weight of the Hellcat engine as well as the power output will go beyond what the standard R/T suspension and brakes is designed around.

You'd better really want to keep that '14 for a long time - you won't recoup the modifications when you go to sell it.

Yeah I'm fully aware of that and I do appreciate your response a few things that completely flew over my head. The car will completely be rebuilt at this point something I never thought would be the case but it still not discouraging me from wanting it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get with modern muscle Xtreme. They are putting out adaptive systems to put a hellcat blower (and accompaniments) on non hellcat cars. Swapping the block is just a formality if the other stuff can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like where this is going, definitely will look them up thanks 👌

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dumping $40,000 into a soon to be a 5 year old car? Not very smart.
Yeah but then again same thing could be said about any other older car that are just money pits with endless mods. It's just for the love of that specific car I'd say. In my case this challenger is going to stay in my family for generations to come it's not going no where well at least while I'm still kicking 😎

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
putting a Hellcat supercharger on a non Hellcat car, causes some issues,

first how are you going to control the bypass, big issue, electronic versus what, how do you make the pcm control an electronic by pass, wiring, tuning??

second, a stock motors will last about 1 pull on the dyno.....

depending on real desire, cheaper to do a forged hellcat block based 392, Hellcat cam and Magnuson or Whipple supercharger....

the last one we built made 670 whps and 707 ft/lbs for way less money than it will take to horseshoe a 6.2L into a older Challenger or Charger.....

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog-charger-challenger-300-6.4l-forged-blk-supercharged-long-tube-700-whps-package-swmpackage1?parent=1056

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog-charger-challenger-hellcat-bge-new-392-6.4l-fully-forged-short-block-high-boost-swm392forged?parent=1057

ps anything can be done, only takes money, however does it make sense.....

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Cherish the Challenger that you have. Enjoy it.

Buy a used HC, if that 707 number is driving you nuts. Enjoy it too.

Best of both worlds financially and fun wise.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts