Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
If it is just the idea of having a Hellcat engine IMO you will spend around the same $$ as a good used Hellcat. If you want Hellcat power you are still going to spend a lot of $$ like SteveWhite Motors said. My Dayton (640 rwhp/665 lb-ft) cost $15,000 for the forged engine, SHR Transmission, Heads and Fuel system. Then the Getrag rear end cost a little over $2000. The E-Force blower cost around $7000. All the computer stuff works like it came from the factory, Unlike the headaches you will have with an Hellcat engine swap.

·
Registered
151 Posts
buy a used hellcat and convert it to a 2014 swapping what you want to the cat.kinda like an upgrade in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
buy a used hellcat and convert it to a 2014 swapping what you want to the cat.kinda like an upgrade in reverse.

Huh????? is that like a down grade????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honestly, just buy a bolt on S/C kit with a plug and play tune.

Keep it Simple Stupid.

This generally one of those things "if you have to ask, you can't do it".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for that link... Were you able to see what the actual price is? I'm not able to actually to make it out.
Click on the picture of the two pallets on the bottom of that page. It takes you to instagram...and they give instructions on how to get all the details, including price.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It would be cheaper to buy a Hellcat and modify the interior/exterior to suit your needs. I can't imagine what it is you find so hideous about the cars?

At this point I'm 50% sure this is a troll post.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It would be cheaper to buy a Hellcat and modify the interior/exterior to suit your needs. I can't imagine what it is you find so hideous about the cars?

At this point I'm 50% sure this is a troll post.
More like dreamer.

"aw man, how hard would it be to swap my SXT with a VIPER motor and twin turbo it? Anyone do this? Links to builds? I want to do this this winter!"

·
Vendor
12,071 Posts
More like dreamer.

"aw man, how hard would it be to swap my SXT with a VIPER motor and twin turbo it? Anyone do this? Links to builds? I want to do this this winter!"
anything can be done, the question is should you?? and how much money are you willing to spend,

anything can be done,

ie

take a 2014 sxt (20k) and give it a Hellcat engine, sound simple right

no

depending what you buy new complete from FCA 16k to 18K, add another 3 to 4K in additional parts and fitment, issues, now you have to control this motor, easily spend another 3 to 4 k in mods, pcm wiring etc, maybe more.....

oh, transmission is going to blow up right after the differential.....so now maybe another 10 to 14k to upgrade transmission and differential, easy right, the 8 speed wont fit, too big to fit the floor pan, so you build a nag 1

but you still have junk sxt brakes, ok, Wilwood, add another 4k, 5K if you dont do it yourself

so your at 65k, give or take

used 2016 HC, low miles, nice, 55k, drop $3500.00 for pulleys and tuning and your now making 750 whps

no brainer:cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Some people just don't think about things very hard.

·
Vendor
12,071 Posts
few years ago when the HC crate came out, we would have this conversation a dozen time a week:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dumping $40,000 into a soon to be a 5 year old car? Not very smart.

There are some of us out here who don't build things because it's smart.... We build what we want because we want it, and it isn't made..... With your attitude building any vehicle isn't very smart, because there rarely is a positive return on investment other than personal satisfaction.

·
Vendor
12,071 Posts
at over 100k, I'm pretty sure I build speed

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are some of us out here who don't build things because it's smart.... We build what we want because we want it, and it isn't made..... With your attitude building any vehicle isn't very smart, because there rarely is a positive return on investment other than personal satisfaction.
I think the people that build these things are same ones that got Legos, tossed the instructions and built their own creations. I definitely will always be part of that group.

·
Vendor
12,071 Posts
I think the people that build these things are same ones that got Legos, tossed the instructions and built their own creations. I definitely will always be part of that group.
me too............:cool:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Absolutely the case for me. There is no reason to build a 63 Dart with Gen3 Hemi. It will never be worth anything lol except the endless priceless smiles I’m getting from building it with my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts