Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wanting to bounce some ideas of you cats. i have a 71 stock basic Challenger and w/ a rt hood. gonna start working on a motor and upgrading the car i know it won't be numbers correct or anything and that's fine. I absolutely love the looks of the TA's but this is a 71 so yeaaaaa like ta spolier and stripes or should i just make it look like the 71 rt

·
Registered
466 Posts
i say download a bunch of photos of each design and choose from them of what you like best

·
Registered
2010 SRT8 Challenger
534 Posts
i think the 71 R/t is the way to go. That is a hot looking car. The 1971 'Cuda and Challenger were way better looking than the 70 models. The T/A is obviously the sweetest of the 70 but you have a 71. Imagine; Shaker, Louvers, Rubber bumpers, 1/4 scoops, Stripes, Gull wing spoiler. DROOOOL

·
Registered
958 Posts
there are actually doctored photos of 71 T/A's from old ads Dodge ran. It's always been a big debate as to if any were actually built, some "insiders" have claimed that there was a small run but then it was canceled and the cars diappeared. There's another camp that says none were ever built, the ad photos are the only thing that exist and they are doctored shots of a 70 T/A by most accounts.

At any rate build what you like. I would suggest that, depending on your budget, you look at upgrading the car to as modern a standard as you can. The "pro touring" thing has been around a while now and while you can keep the exterior of the car true to a 71 style I'd really think hard about as many modern upgrades as you can afford. Take time to look at what some of the various builders are doing. The car will have no collector value as you already seem to know. Above all you want the car to be safe, reliable and fun.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
there are actually doctored photos of 71 T/A's from old ads Dodge ran. It's always been a big debate as to if any were actually built, some "insiders" have claimed that there was a small run but then it was canceled and the cars diappeared. There's another camp that says none were ever built, the ad photos are the only thing that exist and they are doctored shots of a 70 T/A by most accounts.
:browsmiley:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Just out of curiosity what color are you planning on painting it? If you're going with the full on what-if methodology then I'd try to clone it into the 71 T/A in the brochure. Personally I'm going the clone T/A route with my 70.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just out of curiosity what color are you planning on painting it? If you're going with the full on what-if methodology then I'd try to clone it into the 71 T/A in the brochure. Personally I'm going the clone T/A route with my 70.
The car is a metallic blue but its not a mopar color the car was painted by the prev. owner so prolly just gonna rock that color till i get out of college lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts