Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of what displays on the NAV? My Garmin shows posted speed limit and actual traveling speed...wonder if 730N does same.

Also, is it correct that 730N has iPOD interface so it can be controlled from head unit/steering wheel controls.

Thanks guys (gals)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yes the 730N will allow you to chose an iPod as one of the play options. You can use the wheel controls with it just like with you can for the radio, satellite, HDD, CD/DVD and Aux.

Not sure about the NAV showing the posted speed limit and travelling speed as I have not used it, since I know where I am driving to and how to get there already.

Does anyone have a list of what displays on the NAV? My Garmin shows posted speed limit and actual traveling speed...wonder if 730N does same.

Also, is it correct that 730N has iPOD interface so it can be controlled from head unit/steering wheel controls.

Thanks guys (gals)

·
Registered
143 Posts
The RER in my 08 SRT (latest update) does not show posted speed limits or travel speed. It also does not show the estimated time of arrival in time format. Instead it shows number of hours/minutes until arrival. I used a Garmin unit in my truck before I got my Challenger and it showed arrival time as time, i.e. arrival time 3:20 instead of 1 hours 22 minutes till arrival. I miss that feature as I have to do math in my head to figure out what time I'll get there. Also, it doesn't seem to be as accurate calculating arrival time as I always end up early. Maybe I'm just heavy footed!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Also, it doesn't seem to be as accurate calculating arrival time as I always end up early. Maybe I'm just heavy footed!
Hard not to be heavy footed with the SRT....................you don't even know how fast you are going until you look at the speedo and then :eek:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
The RER in my 08 SRT (latest update) does not show posted speed limits or travel speed. It also does not show the estimated time of arrival in time format. Instead it shows number of hours/minutes until arrival.
I have a 2011 with the 730N, shows the posted speed limit on most roads, and it has the current traveling speed; also shows the estimated time of arrival in time format.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2011 with the 730N, shows the posted speed limit on most roads, and it has the current traveling speed; also shows the estimated time of arrival in time format.

Anyone w/ 430N can chime in? Does the 430N do all or any of the above mentioned?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry, did have another 730N question I forgot to ask.....does it have USB interface?
Yes. There is a rubber tab (I seem to remember it being the second from the bottom on the right side of the unit) that you pull out and it reveals all :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LAST QUESTION...PROMISE: Could not find out if 730N is single disc or multi-disc player....can someone answer please.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LAST QUESTION...PROMISE: Could not find out if 730N is single disc or multi-disc player....can someone answer please.
Thanks
The 730N is a single disc player only.

I think I saw somewhere where you can add a multi-disc player or storage unit onto the system and install it in the trunk.

However you can copy your disc's onto the HDD so really you do not need to add just a unit on. The only thing I have not been able to do is to get the CD jacket picture to copy over which some people have said you are supposed to be able to do. I cannot find any real detailed instructions yet but am not too worried at this point.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 730N is a single disc player only.

I think I saw somewhere where you can add a multi-disc player or storage unit onto the system and install it in the trunk.

However you can copy your disc's onto the HDD so really you do not need to add just a unit on. The only thing I have not been able to do is to get the CD jacket picture to copy over which some people have said you are supposed to be able to do. I cannot find any real detailed instructions yet but am not too worried at this point.
Thanks....I signed teh deal this morning on the R/T so if it's 1 or 6 I guess it doesn't matter anymore. As you suggest, I wil be copying probably everything to the HDD instead, anyway.

I read on Charger forum that someone had issue with art not displaying. He disconnected battery for 30mins, then reconnected and album art displayed properly. Not sure if that wil work, but you might try it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OKAY, have had my R/T Classic for several days, read every bit of literature I could get my hands on, and stil lcannot find how to get NAV to display posted speed/current speed. Can you tell me what you did to get this function displayed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Is it a 2010 or 2011 R/T?

Mine is a 2010 SRT and I must say that I do not like the NAV on it. I have tried it a couple of times now and do not remember ever seeing the posted speed, estimated time, etc. coming up on it. I do not remember this being a display option either.

Maybe this is a new addition to the 2011 units? Or it is an easter egg somewhere???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a 2011...thanks...I'm totally in love with it. When I set direction on NAV, it does show estimated time to detination and time ticks down closer you get. What I simply do not see or cannot find instructions on is posted/traveling speed. My Garmin had that and I loved it. I really hate the thought of mounting my Garmin in the Chally just for that reason. I will also add, the Garmin I have is heads above the Navteq unit in our cars, but it is what it is......

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
and it showed arrival time as time, i.e. arrival time 3:20 instead of 1 hours 22 minutes till arrival. I miss that feature as I have to do math in my head to figure out what time I'll get there.
It's one or the other, show the time when you arrive then figure out how long the drive will take, or show the time till arrival and figure out what time you arrive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts