Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having problems of popping or static coming from their radio? I mainly have the problem on SIRIUS. I have contacted SIRIUS to resend the signal and it's been to the dealer three times. I noticed it after SIRIUS changed the channel line up. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
A new person earlier this week said they had static on their satelite radio on a new car . I don't see how you can have static on a digital signal. Signal should be there or be dead but there must be something going on. I haven't noticed it but I haven't been in my car much this week.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Yeah, same problem here, It almost sounds like a small rock hitting the windshield sometimes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same issue here. Sounds like small rocks hitting windshield. Also wonder why the stereo won't pick up where I left off when listening to iPod in six mode. When I turn car off I have to start all over. Lastly, in aux mode with iPod, on random, it plays a second or two of each song and then starts over. Very annoying.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for typo above. In aux mode is what I meant, not six mode.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I have just 1 regular FM station that wont come in. I also am beginning to get the popping noise on some of my Ipod tracks. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
216 Posts
A new person earlier this week said they had static on their satelite radio on a new car . I don't see how you can have static on a digital signal. Signal should be there or be dead but there must be something going on. I haven't noticed it but I haven't been in my car much this week.
Well... I have this problem now too, but it is not exactly the same as static on an analog radio. It is more like popping noises on the digital channels. This can happen due to impulses of quick transitions from high amplitude to low amplitude. This sounds like a pop. The channel change from Sirius seems to have affected this in a negative way.... bummer.:disgust:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmm...Not sure if this is the same or not. I have as RES radio in my 09 SRT. I just recently subscribed to Sirius. I am finding that the rear speakers are producing some strange "electronic interference" type of sound but the front speakers sound fine (not sure if this only happened after the channel changes or not). I am also confused about something else with this radio....Changing the balance has no affect. I will look for a thread on my radio specifically instead of the 730N to see if my issue is different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also hearing the "rock on a windshield" noise, but didn't think it was a radio issue until reading this thread. I just moved to Vegas and thought maybe it was dash expanding/contracting b/c of the heat. However w/in the last 2 wks, my radio will be playing fine and just shut down and reboot on its own. If I recall correctly, the dozen or so times it's happened, I was on Sirius...maybe once was on FM mode. Related or separate issues? Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealership yet. And my luck, I'll get the, "Couldn't duplicate the issue. Everything is o.k." repsonse.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Forgot about this thread. My issue with radio was a definitely different that the "rocks on the windshield" but I took mine in and found that I had a blown channel in my amp. Dealership ordered a new amp and all is good now. Not sure what others have done to fix this issue but I would take it to the dealer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts