Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have '13 challenger rt(auto) i bought the car with the 130n radio , so i decided to upgrade to nav and a touch screen
so i got a good deal on a 730n rer(650$ i think thats a good price)
i installed the unit , and everything works from nav to the steering wheel controls and even the directions show on the evic i can make phone calls and connect my phone so all good but when i talk nobody hears me and neither does my voice recognition work ,
i do have uconnect and it worked fine on the other unit (130n)
i looked the the whole forum for an answer didint really find something for this ,(if i passed something please share)
i read that i might have a diferrent uconnect module ?!
and i saw something about the mirror mic , but i'm not sure what to do
how can u tell where your microphone is ? (mirror or the a pillar ) dont really see one
can i just buy the 40 mic from the dealer and put that one in ?

any help would be greatly appreciated :11:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced my radio a couple years ago. The RER has uconnect built in to it already. Since your car was equipped with uconnect before, you'll have to remove it and get a replacement Mic cord which attaches to your current one and then plugs into the back of the radio. It's a 10 pin connector. I ordered the new cable through my dealer. It was like $100. Your old uconnect is useless with the RER, so can be safely removed and sold to someone who might be looking for one. Your microphone is located in your rearview mirror and the cable goes down the A pillar and across the overhead to the mirror. What's happening now is by plugging into the back of the radio it's just going from one uconnect right into another. Hence, no voice going out or to the system. I believe the cable you're looking for ends in 66 as the final numbers, but not posiitve. But I'm absolutely sure about the other.

i have '13 challenger rt(auto) i bought the car with the 130n radio , so i decided to upgrade to nav and a touch screen
so i got a good deal on a 730n rer(650$ i think thats a good price)
i installed the unit , and everything works from nav to the steering wheel controls and even the directions show on the evic i can make phone calls and connect my phone so all good but when i talk nobody hears me and neither does my voice recognition work ,
i do have uconnect and it worked fine on the other unit (130n)
i looked the the whole forum for an answer didint really find something for this ,(if i passed something please share)
i read that i might have a diferrent uconnect module ?!
and i saw something about the mirror mic , but i'm not sure what to do
how can u tell where your microphone is ? (mirror or the a pillar ) dont really see one
can i just buy the 40 mic from the dealer and put that one in ?

any help would be greatly appreciated :11:

·
Registered
691 Posts
The 730n uses an internal hands free module (HFM) the other units all use an external HFM which where your microphone is plugged into. And yes the microphones are in your rear view mirror.

What is happening is you are probably connecting your phone to your HFM that is internal to the 730n but since it has no mic hooked up that is why it cant pick you up.

You need a jumper harness to make it all work. It plugs into the back of the radio and runs up the a pillar to your rear view mirror. Should be part number 82211666

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went to the dealer and they have to order the part they told 119 dollars + tax and they can haveit by tuesday so its okay with me im not in a rush

Is the install difficult more ?

'13 Challenger R/T Black

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its part number 82211666
i got today from a different dealer and it comes with installation instructions.
i wont have time to install today since it raining outside , but once i do ill update the post

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks! I think that one comes with a subharness that provides power to the autodimming mirror as well. My dealer installed the one that ends in 868 and had no harness for power to the mirror. I'm waiting for the same one you ordered which *should* fix the problem. Let us know how it works out...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also have a '13 R/T with the 130 (REN i think) radio, we're you required to mount a new Nav antenna or is the satellite radio antenna shared with Nav? Did you have issues transferring your manufacturer Sirius subscription to the new unit? Do the USB ports in the console work? Lastly, is the harness mentioned above the only harness you needed or did you purchase others? (or were they included with you 730N)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have a '13 R/T with the 130 (REN i think) radio, we're you required to mount a new Nav antenna or is the satellite radio antenna shared with Nav? Did you have issues transferring your manufacturer Sirius subscription to the new unit? Do the USB ports in the console work? Lastly, is the harness mentioned above the only harness you needed or did you purchase others? (or were they included with you 730N)
My nav unit came with a gps antenna which was installed right above the glove box , the unit still has the sirius working with traffic alerts so i didnt have to do anything for right now , that harness is only for the voice recognition but besides that its plug and play

'13 Challenger R/T Black

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The usb in the centet console works to charge my phone but i didnt actually try to see if i can transfer files

'13 Challenger R/T Black

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Bump to the top. So if you put an RER in an 11+ you only need the cable (pn# 82211666) and it is plug and play? My 13 is the base 130 but I have uconnect and sat. Would I have to have a new sat antenna? And basically, it makes my existing unconnect worthless and just there, and replaces it with the built in stuff?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts