Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 Challenger and just upgraded from the 130n to the 730n RER. Everything working but I haven't installed the uconnect jumper cable yet. But my Nav isn't working at all...it doesn't recognize anything....could it just be a firmware update?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From everything I've read the Sirius antenna has the gps antenna built in. And everything I've read others that have done the upgrade haven't had problems. The USB connector in the console isn't working either, but I think that may be because of uconnect not being hooked up.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Look at the back of the radio. Most likely youll find a empty port where the antenna should be. The newer radios incorporate both antennas into one but the RER radio is older and needs antenna as previous stated. The RHR radio used the Sirius as both antennas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
lol I dont need to see this :)

I just purchased a RER of ebay yesterday but he did say it included the gps antenna

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
The GPS antenna for the older H-B RER MyGigs is separate and it is under the dashpad not on top the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's just freaking awesome. Anyone want to buy my RER 730n? Cheap? I guess ill be looking for the RHR.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Does NAV have to be activated by the dealer as a sales code w/ the radio swap?
I put them in my last two challengers and never had to go to the dealer for anything. The arrows and turns even show up on gauge display

·
Registered
144 Posts
from my limited knowledge pre 2012 require no dealer interaction. 2012 might even have started in 2011 I am not sure. You will need the 4 digit pin if the new owner installed it when he got the car or have a dealer re flash the radio.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
from my limited knowledge pre 2012 require no dealer interaction. 2012 might even have started in 2011 I am not sure. You will need the 4 digit pin if the new owner installed it when he got the car or have a dealer re flash the radio.

Yup. And some dealers are complete a**holes. I had to have mine re-flashed because I didn't have the security code. It cost $89 after I made a big deal over the original price that was over $100. (I did all the hard work) Then, I was gonna sell my UC 130 to someone, but they wanted the code. I asked my dealer for the code and they wouldn't give it to me. They said tell your buddy to bring the unit to them and they will install it and re-flash it to their car. I told them that is impossible and they said sorry. I will never ever give my cash to that dealer for anything, unless I have no choice. They are pretty much the only dealer within a short drive from my house, so I'm kinda screwed by them. Man, I wish Steve White was closer!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well that's just freaking awesome. Anyone want to buy my RER 730n? Cheap? I guess ill be looking for the RHR.
((raises hand)) I do! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is clearly not enough on these radios in an easy to find location because I've gotten some responses off of here and on here that tell me that I'm NOT the only person that has made this mistake and basically bought the wrong radio for my year.

I have a '14 Challenger and bought an RER 730n from a 2011. I lost my GPS capability because in 2012 they started running the GPS antenna through the Sirius antenna, prior to that it was a seperate GPS antenna, so I could go buy that antenna and hook it up if I want to. HOWEVER on top of that, I also lost my usb/ipod connection inside my console because of the year difference.

So now I'm needing to sell this RER 730N...have SOME interest, but we'll see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/upgrading-130-430n-730n-106810/

has all the needed info.

you cant blame the form for not having the info its there you just need to make sure you find it all before you start buying or if there are questions ask before you spend :) kind of like building something measure 2x cut 1 time
Thanks. Wasn't blaming you or the forum, I was just clearly not the only "idiot" out there that spent hundreds of dollars on the wrong radio, because I can tell you I've received a bunch of queries on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anybody know for sure though about the ipod/usb connection in the console, is the radio to cause for it not working, or is it that I didn't buy the uconnect adapter? Meaning, does the usb connector in the console run through the uconnect? Uconnect's website doesn't talk much about it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have not gotten my wire harness so have not messed with it yet.

When you took out your original radio did it have a usb port on the back that led to the center console ? If so I would assume that you would need a port on the back of the radio to plug that into.

and we have all at one time or another purchased the wrong parts so no need to feel like a "idiot" :) lol If only I could get back all the cash I have wasted on stupid mods I have done in the past.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts