Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get a new battery for my 10 R/T and now I have power to the headunit but it is just a black screen. I did the remove negative cable then remove fuse, then replaced cable 20 minutes later then I put a new fuse in. Still the screen doesn't want to work. I get flashes of the Dodge logo when I open the screen to access the cd player.

I have a lockpick in this since it came with the standard radio in it.

Has anyone had any problems like this and if you have any extra tips to help maybe get it working again?

I also pulled the unit out and disconnected all the cables for a good few minutes to discharge any stored power, hoping that would institute a reset. Still no luck.

Thanks in Advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,700 Posts
If you hit the Open/Close button, does the logo come on and it light up for a while? If so, does the CD slot open? If so, will it read a CD?

You may have success burning a Mygig update to a CD and updating. I believe what you have is not an uncommon issue, and perhaps addressed by an update. There are always warnings attached to doing updates, be aware

Many report disconnecting the negative battery cable as a fix. You may want to disconnect both negative and positive and touch the two together to completely drain any residual power. Give it 10 minutes, then try again

A Guy

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you hit the Open/Close button, does the logo come on and it light up for a while? If so, does the CD slot open? If so, will it read a CD?

You may have success burning a Mygig update to a CD and updating. I believe what you have is not an uncommon issue, and perhaps addressed by an update. There are always warnings attached to doing updates, be aware

Many report disconnecting the negative battery cable as a fix. You may want to disconnect both negative and positive and touch the two together to completely drain any residual power. Give it 10 minutes, then try again

A Guy
I will test your suggestions. I rarely get the dodge logo to show up, but only for a second or two total and only once. I didn't try the putting the positive and negative together but I did unplug the whole head unit. I will check when the latest update was. I remember doing one but not sure when that was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts