Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my car today for a drive and found that my navigation system is dead. I checked fuse 36 in the trunk and it was fine. I disconnected the battery to try and reset the system. It made no difference when I reconnected it. I get no errors on EVIC. I'm really disappointed, the car only has 20,000 miles on it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can hear the fan running in the unit so it is getting power. The battery is holding 14v when the car is running. I am going to remove it and take out the hard drive and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know where to get a new mainboard?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not worth it to spend $500 to fix. I asked my friend who works at Haman if she could get parts but the only place with them is mopar and I know they aren't selling me a mainboard. Guess ill go aftermarket and get a Kenwood or Pioneer with Android Auto. Really disappointed at the crap quality of the head unit. I've only got 20k miles on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Mine did the same thing a few years ago, I just disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, then reconnected and all was good

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried that, didn't work unfortunately. The harddrive and cooling fan spin up but that's it. The car doesn't detect the radio so I'm pretty sure I'm SOL.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The unit powered on last night randomly without the amp and then shut down again at the next stop. I went to the auto parts store and had them test my battery. Turns out my voltage regulator is bad on my alternator which is under the recall T36. They don't have a new part yet but Chrysler will refund you for replacing the old part (can take up to 60 days) and then replace it with the new model when it's out. I'm taking it in Saturday morning. If anyone else has wonky issues like I had this could be the source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts