Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm currently in iraq and coming up with ideas for an 08 srt8 6 speed. Right now I have the 426 stroker kit in mind with a arrington 607 cam, corsa extreme exhaust, kooks or american racing headers, high flow cats, 180 degree thermo, catch can, some type of cai or forced induction, atb helical lsd, havent picked a supercharger yet, but thinking about 10 psi, predator custom tune, msd blaster coils, engine damper, high flow fuel rails, an fpr, dual fuel pumps, a fuel pump voltage booster, any more ideas or anything that i can do better?

Thank you in advance for your ideas everyone

p.s. idk about the wheel and tire sizes what would be best for daily driver yet have that traction for the track if i need it

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Aren't you just leaving a war zone? Dont ask "which supercharger" around here!

Just kidding, go with procharger or kb on a 426

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
and you will need more than a boosta-pump at those hp levels..
also you don't want an 800 hp 6 speed. Tranny wont hold that.
KB or maggie with an auto and procharger or vortech with the stick in my opinion..

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
At the 750 HP level and up two things you will need, an automatic car and cash, unless it's just a bragging thing. The streetablity will go down as the HP goes up.
Tout

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
The KB superchargers are putting down the numbers you are looking for. So are the bigger Prochargers. I decided to go with Twin Turbo's on my 6-speed.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
The KB superchargers are putting down the numbers you are looking for. So are the bigger Prochargers. I decided to go with Twin Turbo's on my 6-speed.
Archtaan
Are you keeping the IRS or going straight axle?
Tout

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
and you will need more than a boosta-pump at those hp levels..
also you don't want an 800 hp 6 speed. Tranny wont hold that.
KB or maggie with an auto and procharger or vortech with the stick in my opinion..
Stocker is good to about 750rwhp. In fact no 6-speeds have toasted it to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
the input shaft is smaller than the viper shaft, im not aware of any 6 speeds over about 650 rwhp and only a few clutches out there will hold that.. I think traction and 800 hp will rip the tranny out of the car
if it did hold it you would have difficulty getting it down the track. Even Rubel has went with an auto after toying with the 1 zillion HP monster.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
the input shaft is smaller than the viper shaft, im not aware of any 6 speeds over about 650 rwhp and only a few clutches out there will hold that.. I think traction and 800 hp will rip the tranny out of the car
if it did hold it you would have difficulty getting it down the track. Even Rubel has went with an auto after toying with the 1 zillion HP monster.
There are several clutches which will hold that much HP. We will see what happens to rubbels tranny when JZ gets done.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
We've done some fun higher hp blown stroker packages on the manual transmissions. I think my favorite turnkey package I've done on the manuals is around 700 rwhp on a safe 93 octane tune with a 426 HHP/BES stroker with 10psi of boost from a Stage 2 ProCharger D1SC. We have several different clutch manufacturers who make clutch upgrades more than capable of handling the power. We left the rear diff stock and installed Driveshaft shop 1000hp axles, our two pump HHP fuel system and it's ready to rock and roll for right around 30k installed if you add in full exaust and all of the other supporting parts.

Joshua, HHP

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
thx guys for your input, kb or procharger 2 is the question and automatic would be easier than the manual at that hp huh

what does everyone think of the predator orion angel eyes the blue ones

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Im rocking a sick baby right now, but I will put a nice reply together for you a little later. In short, go procharger with a d1sc

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Im using 775 as your desired hp since its right in the middle.

For 775hp, you will need upgrade fuel system, shortblock, power adder, clutch, axles, and some odds and ends.

I would do a forged 6.1 with a stage II procharger and D1SC upgrade. This will be the most economical of all the available builds. Figure less than $10k for both.

Now, how do you achieve that power? Well if its a forged 6.1 with stock heads/cam, you will be making about 400 crank hp. Boosted applications will double the effective engine hp at around 15psi but you have to keep in mind the parasitic loss to drive the supercharger which is around 10% at that power level.

400hp x 2(15psi) = 800hp x 90% = 720hp.

See the info above, you will need more than 15psi to hit your goal of 775hp. Here is your next option.

Forged 6.1 with heads/cam and the same D1SC blower. About 475hp at crank.
475 x 2(15psi) = 950hp x 90% = 855hp

So if you decide to do a forged 6.1, you will need between 12-15psi and supporting mods.

Legmaker has a forged 6.1, heads/cam/longtubes, and 9-10psi and is making 625rwhp. Thats right at 775 crank hp and he ran a [email protected].

With a 393 or 426, you can make the same power with less boost. Less boost generates less heat and more timing with less octane requirements. The problem with the 426 is its low compression height, long stroke, and minimal overlap. The 393 is a nice balance between the 2.

Anyhow, thats all I can type while holding a baby. Hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts