Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yeah the T/A is now just an appearance package, no real performance anything.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I wonder if the new brass monkey wheels are available on the scat pack as well?
"20 x 9.5-in. Brass Monkey forged aluminum wheels receive a new design for 2019"

Also, it's a shame the new Caramel Nappa Leather is only available on the lower end models

"New Caramel Nappa leather interior option available on Challenger SXT and SXT AWD models"

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Are they still doing Shakers since the new Scats are using the current HC Hood?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
If I were a Hellcat owner, I would be a little annoyed to say the least, to see my hood on the new TA. On the other hand, sure glad to see the absence of the Demon hood on any of the new models, was a little concerned on that one.............

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If I were a Hellcat owner, I would be a little annoyed to say the least, to see my hood on the new TA. On the other hand, sure glad to see the absence of the Demon hood on any of the new models, was a little concerned on that one.......................,,

Ummm, the T/A has been around for two years and it’s not a hellcat hood, it doesn’t have heat extractors, it’s an SRT hood, or was, not now for 2019, as there isn’t any SRT model per say.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm a huge MOPAR fan but when is FCA going to quit whoring out this 10+ year old and tired body style. How about hitting up the design team for some new and exiting ideas? Please, no more lipstick and bolt-ons. Maybe real flared fender wells for that much needed tire & wheel increase. Oh yea, go on a real diet too.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Looks like the T/A is still around:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=19986&mid=169

Under Highlights:
"T/A Package takes R/T and R/T Scat Pack models to the next level of performance with enhancements inside and out, including white face instrument panel cluster, Gloss Black instrument panel cluster trim rings, Mopar cold-air intake system, black spoiler with T/A spoiler decal, painted Satin Black hood, Satin Black wrapped roof and decklid and 20-inch forged aluminum wheels"

Interesting that there is a rear seat delete option and Launch Assist is added to Launch Control...
Where are you seeing this? I did a double take and didn't see anything on the T/A on my second read either. Everything I've heard is that it was a 2 year run and done (for now at least). I also didn't notice a specific "announcements" section either so perhaps I missed it?

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
If I were a Hellcat owner, I would be a little annoyed to say the least, to see my hood on the new TA. On the other hand, sure glad to see the absence of the Demon hood on any of the new models, was a little concerned on that one.............

HOT ROD ON

I'm betting that more would be interested or concerned about the "Red Eye" version. That's a nice jump in HP.

If folks are truly concerned about an "old" HC hood on a SP, then they just don't have a grip on the fact that a Challenger is a Dodge, not an imported "exotic". lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am guessing Hellcat owners aren't happen....used Hellcat and Scat Packs prices will probably drop. Demon owners have a limited addition car, so they probably could care less.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I'm betting that more would be interested or concerned about the "Red Eye" version. That's a nice jump in HP.

If folks are truly concerned about an "old" HC hood on a SP, then they just don't have a grip on the fact that a Challenger is a Dodge, not an imported "exotic". lol

What does the Red Eye have to do with anything I said in my post? I don't get it! I was talking hoods only here. Follow me now! I mentioned I, ( me) would not be pleased to see a HC hood on the SP if I owned a HC, not you or anyone else, just me. Since I own a Demon, I also mentioned how pleased I am not to find that hood on any of the new models. Quite aware of the fact where the roots of Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler came from as well, since I've owned one or two of them in my time.........

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
71 Posts
What does the Red Eye have to do with anything I said in my post? I don't get it! I was talking hoods only here. Follow me now! I mentioned I, ( me) would not be pleased to see a HC hood on the SP if I owned a HC, not you or anyone else, just me. Since I own a Demon, I also mentioned how pleased I am not to find that hood on any of the new models. Quite aware of the fact where the roots of Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler came from as well, since I've owned one or two of them in my time.........

HOT ROD ON
The thing is nothing was really stopping previous SP owners from buying the hood and adding it on themselves. I'm sure it's not a free add-on to a base SP anyhow. It will probably be a 4th or 5th package with a 392 in it the same way there's been a Shaker package, T/A, etc.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
The thing is nothing was really stopping previous SP owners from buying the hood and adding it on themselves. I'm sure it's not a free add-on to a base SP anyhow. It will probably be a 4th or 5th package with a 392 in it the same way there's been a Shaker package, T/A, etc.

Yep! Throw in a few Hellcat emblems on the fenders and they are good to go......l

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
9,047 Posts

HOT ROD ON

Follow me now, if you really want to be that way.

Since you're a Demon owner, how do you feel about the Demon engine technology and electronic performance items "trickling down" to the HC?

If your that happy about the Demon hood not being shared, then it's obvious that you're a little testy about the other little things being shared! LOL

Don't get me wrong, the Demon is a heck of a Challenger, but still a Dodge. FCA shares Dodge parts, oh, that's your point.:x

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
21 - 40 of 82 Posts