Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response here, but I was a little busy on the next page at the time you posted up here and I totally missed it, until now. To answer your Demon question, I would be more than satisfied to do so. I believe that it is a positive move by Dodge to incorporate Demon technology in the 19 models on multiple fronts. First of which is going to be the availability of these parts in the future and performance minded company's coming up with new and improved performance packages due to the increased volume of these killer engines. Secondly, dealers will now have a greater volume of these engine packages to practice on and may have it figured out, if I am ever forced to pay them a visit in the future. The last and best reason that I approve all the above is the fact the my better half is now moving away from BMW and has her eye on the new Hellcat because of that new hood design with the duel inlets. Can't seem to get by without mentioning hoods here. She says that it looks cute with that hood on it. OK, that works for me. Now there are only two questions that remain here! Can I talk her into the red eye? Which I think I can and last but not least, since I do all the maintenance on the machines, will she let me drive it with the RED key?........ Later

HOT ROD ON

Thanks, and I agree that Dodge is using the "parts bin" to its' advantage, and making a lot of potential buyers, real MOPAR buyers. The '19 line up is the best ever IMO. Something for everyone and every budget.

As far as hoods, if the wife thinks it cute, your half way home, Best of luck moving her into the Redeye. I'm sure that you probably can convince her with a "why not honey"!

As far as getting that red key...………………..she's gotta take a nap at some point! LOL

You'll have a dang nice nest of MOPAR's best.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Demon prices just dropped by $25k! I laugh at all those aholes that paid big bucks over sticker for one!!! :lol:
I don't know.....seems to me the guy who paid up got what he wanted. He owns a "one off" car.

The Demon ticks all the boxes it has to:

Limited Production made it so you almost never see one on the street.

It does have as close as you can get to a unique Stock look.

For now it's still fastest.

To call buyers of it A-Holes is over-the-top condemnation.

Sure.....it was inevitable that the car wasn't going to stay "King of the Hill" for but a moment in time......this is true of every car ever sold. Time humbles them all eventually.

Still......the buyer who could justify and handle the price tag COMFORTABLY........wasn't especially concerned with the getting the best value in a Challenger. He wanted the bragging rights and unique car that Demon is.

You come off as the guy who fails to appreciate that just because a Demon was well outside your comfort zone in price......this doesn't mean that's the situation for everyone.

I will give you this much though.......if anyone who bought a Demon had to really reach to afford the price tag........they probably were making a HUGE MISTAKE.......but this is hardly something you can only say about a Demon owner.......this applies as easily to the buyer of anything that costs more than they can comfortable afford to buy and take that inevitable DEPRECIATION hit all new cars do.

·
Super Moderator
14,463 Posts
Since the Scat gets the 6 piston Brembos now, the T/A is even less different than from the Scat - basically an appearance package.

Wonder if T/As will be wide-bodies?

Are these ALL going to be wide-bodies? Or can you still get a narrow cat or scat?
The 'standard' body is available on SP and HC models as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guys,

I think the really KILLER Redeye is going to be with the Standard Challenger Hellcat Body.
Take 797 H/P on the All-Season-Tires that will come on it and what does one have ???

The "Wildest" machine to me in a Modern Hot-Rod !!!

I'm totally in and that combination above reminds me of, L-88 Vette, LS-6 Chevelle, W-30 Olds, COPO 427 Camaro, Chevy II, Chevelle, Boss 429 Mustang etc.
On those little, Goodyear Poly-Glass-Tires back then.
Nail it and Hold-On !!!

That's exactly what you would have with the New 2019 Redeye with the Standard Body-style.

I love it and this is now getting to be a Muscle-Car-Dream for sure come true. >:)

LOL,
Terry

·
Registered
381 Posts
Could anyone maybe explain here why a full 90hp will only improve the 1/4 mile by a mere 0.1s?

·
Registered
13,704 Posts
Could anyone maybe explain here why a full 90hp will only improve the 1/4 mile by a mere 0.1s?
80hp! :D

And I guess they're both into traction control throttle retard that kills the ETs a little, the speeds show the power of the Redeye, 4 mph for WB and 6 mph NB. 131 mph in the 1/4 not too shabby.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
80hp! :D

And I guess they're both into traction control throttle retard that kills the ETs a little, the speeds show the power of the Redeye, 4 mph for WB and 6 mph NB. 131 mph in the 1/4 not too shabby.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If it's only 0.1s faster in the 1/4 it makes the bragging rights of having 797hp almost a bigger selling point than its performance benefits …

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
A fully loaded Red eye comes in at 95K and it's still one full second slower than the Demon. Demons' owners who paid msrp got the deal of the century. The 2019 scat pack wide body and loaded is not cheap either. I think I'll wait a couple more years to replace my Hellcat.

·
Registered
838 Posts
A fully loaded Red eye comes in at 95K and it's still one full second slower than the Demon. Demons' owners who paid msrp got the deal of the century. The 2019 scat pack wide body and loaded is not cheap either. I think I'll wait a couple more years to replace my Hellcat.
To my way of looking at ALL THIS....... $95,000 for a Challenger is a tough sell.......you're going to really bring your "Mopar or No Car" attitude to justify that price tag vs your alternative choices. in this price range.

But I do agree with you......if it's ABSOLUTELY without any chance to change your mind GOT TO BE a Challenger.

The Demon was a much better buy all the way around.......vs the new Red Eye......it isn't even close.

The one caveat though. Those Demons RARELY went out the door at MSRP. A run this limited always sees dealer lucky enough to get allotment looking for extra cash above and beyond the MSRP.

I'm guessing the Red Eye version of the Hell Cat will see discounted pricing just about a figurative 5 minutes after the first one is unloaded at that first dealer lot.

Dodge hasn't suggested this will be the limited production run that the Demon was.......I bet you'll be able to order or find one far more easily.

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
Good thinking there, but there could be a down side to that. Did I mention that my culinary skills leave a lot to be desired?........

HOT ROD ON

Anything "heavy"...………...pasta, "pasta salads." are a good start! lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guys,

Keep something in mind on the new 2019 797 H/P Redeye.
It's not a $95,000.00 Dollar car.
It easily can be purchased with some options for the 80's ..................

Some have already been ordered.

Also you can get Rid of the Wide-Body cost which is a $6,000.00 US Dollar option.

Terry

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
Good thinking there, but there could be a down side to that. Did I mention that my culinary skills leave a lot to be desired?........

HOT ROD ON
How's her knife skills? :)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I dunno...I like the 5600 dollar cheaper hell kitty........717 ain't peanuts..... and looks like soon there could be a 60k scat pack lol...and a 72k red ass...er red eye...:lol: Some hell kitty or demon owners could end up with a red ass too...... ;)

At least the demon is a demon and only one year....

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ordered my widebody red-eye (now known as a Wide-Eye) on 7/6/18. Plum Crazy, sepia seats, HK radio, nav, 3.09 rear, tech group, drivers conv. group, plus group. VON HC134864. at invoice (FWP) price. Let the waiting begin.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
603 Posts
Ordered my widebody red-eye (now known as a Wide-Eye) on 7/6/18. Plum Crazy, sepia seats, HK radio, nav, 3.09 rear, tech group, drivers conv. group, plus group. VON HC134864. at invoice (FWP) price. Let the waiting begin.
Very Nice...

·
Registered
29 Posts

Winner ^^^

Terry

·
Super Moderator
14,463 Posts
Had a club member back in Oregon that did a similar color scheme, '16 HC Plum Crazy, Sepia & Brass Monkey wheels. Was a unique car, a relief from all the black / black ones that I'd typically see.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Got my VIN today KH502638, wide-eye in Plum Crazy, laguna sepia, HK w/nav, tech/plus/drivers groups, 3.09, orange calipers. Let the waiting begin.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts