Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today out of the blue my radio got bright white and then faded into black. That's all she wrote. Everything was perfect until today.

I looked in the owners manual and I can't find the fuse for the radio. Anyone know where the fuse is for a 2016 RT?

What about disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I'm blind apparently. Fuse #37 in the rear first box controls the radio. I'll pull that like guy tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
If no fix, see if it will go into the Engineering menu

Push the start button twice with your foot off the brake so it doesn't start. Hold the Red temp up and Blue temp down buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. This should bring up the Engineering menu, the last choice on the first page is Reset Radio. Do not do Reset to factory default

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,518 Posts
If no fix, see if it will go into the Engineering menu

Push the start button twice with your foot off the brake so it doesn't start. Hold the Red temp up and Blue temp down buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. This should bring up the Engineering menu, the last choice on the first page is Reset Radio. Do not do Reset to factory default

A Guy
Hey, what does that button next to the volume knob do?
(the one with a capital P shouting at a sailboat plus the word OFF)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, what does that button next to the volume knob do?
(the one with a capital P shouting at a sailboat plus the word OFF)
If your Challenger is equipped with with park assist sensors, that button turns them off.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
You might check the firmware version to see if there is a uConnect update that needs to be installed. If it is the original version that came with the car from the factory, I would bet there is an update out there for it. Whatever caused this latest glitch may be the target of, or at least fixed by, a firmware update to the system.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
If your Challenger is equipped with with park assist sensors, that button turns them off.
Parking assist sensors?

Hmmm, okay... ?

I don't know whether to feel left-out that I don't have such advanced technology on my old beater or be thankful I don't have that many extra options to worry about dealing with. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Parking assist sensors?

Hmmm, okay... ?

I don't know whether to feel left-out that I don't have such advanced technology on my old beater or be thankful I don't have that many extra options to worry about dealing with. :sneaky:
Not to take this thread off the rails, but I can only think of one situation where you would want to turn the back up sensors off. That's if you were towing something. You put it in reverse, and the sensors will go bonkers thinking you about to back into something.

I'm not really sold on the sensors because they seem to be too sensitive. A couple of cases I can offer up are when I'm trying to back up next to a poll that is 3 feet away from my car. The alarms go off. I mean, it scares the poop out of me thinking I just backed over someone. If I'm trying to back up when the morning sun is low in the sky, the sensors must get blinded and think I'm backing into a brick wall. Fun stuff with these new gadgets. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
i think those sensors depend upon K band radar waves to judge proximity, but that may not be the case if certain angles of visible light can trip them up.

The collision avoidance stuff def uses K band, and older fuzz busters will continually alert on them in traffic as proof. Not sure on the Parking stuff, may be some sort of lidar...

·
Registered
324 Posts
They primarily exist to set off my radar detector.
But seriously they are kind of handy. The one's on my 17 Ram (front and rear) are pretty accurate and at times I wish I had them on the front of the challenger.

Especially if they could detect high curbs.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
They primarily exist to set off my radar detector.
But seriously they are kind of handy. The one's on my 17 Ram (front and rear) are pretty accurate and at times I wish I had them on the front of the challenger.

Especially if they could detect high curbs.
My previous radar detector lost its status as 'current radar detector' once the collision avoidance stuff got to be on the majority of vehicles. I could turn off K band to avoid the constant false alarms, but there are 2 adjacent towns whose police use K band instead of Ka like the rest of the civilized world, so I had to find a better fuzz buster eventually.

I did find a new one last year that requires no special treatment to deal with the non-police K band signals (it ignores them), and best of all it was affordable (<$100). And ironically enough, it was the upgraded/newest model of the previous detector, so there was no relearning its functions or getting used to its differences. It is virtually the same as the old one, but better in all the ways the old one performed poorly.

PM me if you're interested in putting the grab on one like this, and I will go write down the model number and such to send across so you can shop around to see if they are worth giving a day in court in your particular setup...pun UN-intended!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts