Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some work done at a local stereo shop. When I went to pick it up, he was having trouble getting the uconnect to recognize the cameras. The screen was in blue instead of red as it always has been.

We turned the car off and restarted a few times and the uconnect picked up the cameras and all worked as it should, but the screen was back to the red highlights.

I see the blue much better and always nice to see at a glance rather than taking my eyes off the road trying to see the screen. Is there a way to change the coclor to the blue instead of the red? I did go through all the display esttings including all the "themes" and they all seem to be red. I believe it was the owners manual screen that still had some highlights in blue, but I can't see anyway to change the coclor on the regular screens.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I don't believe that there is any way to change the colors. Each type of car has a certain "look" that is for that car (fonts, colors, etc) - and once the radio recognizes the correct car type after a few restarts, it uses the setup for that particular car. Don't think you can change it. You may have noticed that certain features were even missing until it fully recognized what car it was in.

As powerful as these head-units are, you would think that you could change the look of the screen though (fully customized backgrounds, colors, etc). I mean you can select from a few different background types that they give you, but you can't use your own custom background or anything like that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blue is the Chrysler color scheme, Jeeps are Green, Dodge are Red, Rams are Black

You system will always reboot into Chrysler blue when anything that causes the system to trigger a hard reset is done.

On reboot, the system is very basic, missing things like back up cameras, heated seats, NAV, Sirius Radio, etc.

Once the Can Bus system talks to the head unit, it decides what car it is in and then loads the correct content including color schemes and themes.

Long and short answer is that if there was a Chrysler version of the Challenger with the exact same feature content, you could probably do some file replacing to get a blue theme. The 300 would be your best bet to get something like this, but you would need to be able to find the correct files in a 300 software update for a car with the exact same equipment (which may not be possible), copy them and overwrite them into a Challenger update and then update the Challenger.

I would seriously not recommend this, as it may brick the Uconnect system. Plus any future updates to Uconnect would undue that work.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,425 Posts
The uConnect screen red color theme changed with my 2018 Hellcat after I had it for a goofy NAV problem. Changed to blue. I believe the reason was two updates were applied to the uConnect radio. When these updates didn't help the unit was replaced.

The new replacement unit retained the screen color theme change and over the span of a couple of months didn't revert back to the original uConnect screen red color theme.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.