Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to upgrade my 2017 TA to an 8.4 4C UAQ. It's an Infotainment system that was briefly in a 2015 SXT.

Any Uconnect experts out there that could tell me if it will still work in my car or does it need some sort of refresh or program change before installing in my car?

I don't have a Nav or Puck antenna, but that shouldn't matter since I wouldn't use it anyway, correct? I honestly don't even know where the antenna is on my car. I can honestly say I got the bottom of the line unit (5.0). Will never make that mistake again if I ever upgrade from the TA.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You should have no issues. If you did you could ask Infotainment how much to update it. However the firmware is exactly the same no matter what car it was in. The only issue you have is the sales codes stored in the radio are for the 15. Since that car most likely does not have all the items you do you may still be missing some features. You most likely could get all those back either with a tazer of having the unit worked on by Infotainment.(they program per vin so all the sales codes for you vin would be added.)
As for the antenna all cars come with the connector some dont come with it connected to anything(my 16 did not). They sent me a nav antenna for free.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts