Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yes please. I have the Gatorback that came with my E-Force. I guess it's part # 4060605. Well I'm running a 8 lb pulley and after 2 months and 4k miles my belt flew apart and shredded itself to bits yesterday afternoon. I am looking for a replacement and kinda need one today so I can get the blower back in action.

Had a ZL1 messing with me yesterday and I had to decline because I'm over 100hp down right now. Then to add insult to injury a brand new V6 Camaro pulled up next to me and sped away right after I had to back down from the ZL1!

I hope I just had a bad belt and this isn't an indication of something worse.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well damn nevermind I'm a 5.7. Probably different parts.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Eforce Pulleys & Belts

My stock 6.1 kit came with a 3.875 pulley and a 4060605 belt . Next pulley change was to a 3.75 and that same belt and that worked great . Next to the 3.50 pulley and a 4060592 belt . Next I went to the 3.25 pulley and a 4060585 belt .

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The belt wasn't the culprit. The tensioner pulley bearing failed and looks like when it locked up it caused the belt to fail.

Either way I got a different belt than the supplied Goodyear Gatorback. I got a Gates Greenstripe belt part # K060605HD. FYI both NAPA and CARQUEST belts are made by Gates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts