Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys long story short i bought door and rear deck speakers. today i went to out in one of the 6x9s and i noticed that its only making low notes. like theres no tweeters at all. so i figured the speaker was bad so i checked the other one and got the same result. then i plugged the factory speaker in and it was the same way. so it seems to me like its almost pointless to change out thest speakers. am i missing something at all? i really wanna swap the speakers out but not if its not gonna make much of a difference at all.

so far ive changed out two of the 3.5's in the dash and added a 12" sub and amp. i disconnected the factory sub and removed it just to have the open hole for the sound to pass through. which seemed to be an improvement over running the both.

any advise would be great thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
Mike,

I have no knowledge of the Boston system, but it sounds to me like they have a crossover in there to get the lows sent to the 6X9 speakers. Do you hear the high notes from the 3.5's in the dash?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It is a component system, where each speaker has its own function. The door speakers are woofers, and are sent only mid and bass sounds. The dash speakers are tweeters. I just finished swapping out seven speakers in my 2015. The stock stereo sounds much better with the Infinity aftermarket speakers than the stock "Alpine" speakers.

How much did it help to remove the stock 8" sub, as far as the real sub's sound getting through? I've thought about doing the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts