Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car (2014 R/T Plus) has been in "final inspection" for almost 2 weeks. I guess they are really going over it with a fine tooth comb. I didn't have this much anxiety waiting for my children to be born! I guess this is God's way of punishing me for not getting the SRT 8 .:smoker:

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
The last two cars I factory ordered I didn't check their progress and just waited for "the call", sure it was difficult but by watching the status you are just torturing yourself.
Nobody but you cares about how long it takes to get it to you nor do they care to keep it's current staus up to date.
Hopefully they call this week and say COME ON DOWN! Best wishes and hope it arrives this week.

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
Does a car you order show as "in transit" on the Dodge website, or does it not show up at all?

Congrats on the upcoming delivery!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Mine did on the dealers site.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 8 steps listed. 1..Confirmation 2..Production scheduled 3..Frame 4.. Paint 5..Trim 6..Final Inspection 7. Shipment and 8.. Delivery

Monday I will stop by the dealership and talk to my buddy who is the new general sales manager. I want him to make sure that they don't throw away ANY of the paperwork that comes with the car from the factory. I always keep everything and put it into a folder . I even want to drive home with the window sticker affixed. I will remove it. Its like cutting the umbilical cord !

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Make sure they don't etch the glass with the vin# at the dealership unless you want it.
And your call on this, don't install the front plate and bracket until told by you.
I told my dealer both are a deal breaker and I'll walk away.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Having built cars for GM, there can be many reasons for shipping delays, most common is a back order for an interior part. If the build sheet is incomplete the car goes into a holding area till it can be finished properly. Nothing to get worried about.

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
Thanks for that perspective. I was under the impression that the systems computer would lockout the car being built based on a lack of parts to complete the build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts