Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the dealer today to talk to the dude that i know who works as a sales person about my wife's 13 charger she wants to get 300c,anyways i chat with this dude about trade in my charger, this that, and i bring up that i want to get the hellcat,his response: B ready to lay down 80-90K for that car:pillepalle:,I'm like what? R U CRAZY DUDE? he go, no we already have 20 people waiting on that car is gonna be like action who pays more,I'm like, you are out of your F$%# mind bro,the net is full of info on the price, starts at 60k or so,he go yeah, by the time you add few extras is 65 and... and what 65 to 80-90 is a big chunk of change you dudes wants to make around here, i can't believe you will mark the car that high?is that even legal?
WTF is going on with those greedy M%#$& F^%$*$s......??????:cursin: :disappointed:
dealers make me sick:puke:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sure it's legal. As long as there's a buyer willing to pay it, they can charge whatever they like. And I'm sure some Hellcats will go for really high prices, but Dodge has committed to building as many as the market will bear, so the guy who pays $90K to be the first one in his town to own a Hellcat will feel pretty stupid when the 4th or 5th guy pays $25K less.

Maybe you need to find another dealer.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Know what?

There are probably a lot of people on this forum who would pay it, just to be able to say they go the first one or the first of ten. I'm not one of them, but they exist.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I haven't heard about this. Dealers are charging premiums for Hellcats?

Outrageous.

;)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I just ordered mine up here in Canada. Paid full MSRP but not a cent more. Seems fair as this car is going to be hard to get for most dealers and I don't expect the same discount I got on my last Challenger.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MSRP....Manufacturers suggested retail price...

It's called Capitalism...
yeah i know, but i still call that a nothing but greed.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
consumer demand often works to regulate price
Are dealerships being greedy because it's too much for someone to afford the Hellcat they are selling? NO...of course not!
Heck $59,995 is more than most can afford...is the Dodge MSRP unfair? To some yes... but guess what life aint fair. Boo frickety hoo...best to buy, be content with, and enjoy what you can afford.

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
Philippians 4:12

·
Registered
876 Posts
This is the second reference to ordering a Canadian Hellcat on this forum ...

... that I've seen. Are the ordering banks opening at different times between CAN & US dealers?

I just ordered mine up here in Canada. Paid full MSRP but not a cent more. Seems fair as this car is going to be hard to get for most dealers and I don't expect the same discount I got on my last Challenger.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Yep...

Know what?

There are probably a lot of people on this forum who would pay it, just to be able to say they go the first one or the first of ten. I'm not one of them, but they exist.
And an extra $30K means nothing to them. In most cases....I doubt it. Rich people are notorious for being misers. That is precisely how they got wealthy. I'm willing to bet that the people who "overpay"...are in serious debt ALREADY. I'll wait. I really believe that Dodge will sell as many of these as they can. The people who overpay should feel like idiots in the long run.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Something to think about:

When you go to the dealer, you're hoping to get the most car for the least money.

He's hoping to get the most money for the least car.

Who's greedy?

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
530 Posts
not sure why dealer markups on the latest hot car surprise anyone. Wait a year...

Pretty standard M.O......

·
Registered
815 Posts
And I'm sure "some" dealers will be watching when BJ auctions Hellcat #1 to see what it fetched, they'll use that to help justify their markup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
i went to the dealer today to talk to the dude that i know who works as a sales person about my wife's 13 charger she wants to get 300c,anyways i chat with this dude about trade in my charger, this that, and i bring up that i want to get the hellcat,his response: B ready to lay down 80-90K for that car:pillepalle:,I'm like what? R U CRAZY DUDE? he go, no we already have 20 people waiting on that car is gonna be like action who pays more,I'm like, you are out of your F$%# mind bro,the net is full of info on the price, starts at 60k or so,he go yeah, by the time you add few extras is 65 and... and what 65 to 80-90 is a big chunk of change you dudes wants to make around here, i can't believe you will mark the car that high?is that even legal?
WTF is going on with those greedy M%#$& F^%$*$s......??????:cursin: :disappointed:
dealers make me sick:puke:
As did trying to read the post. :slant:

·
Registered
161 Posts
2008 all over again. Go look at some threads about the limited run of the 1st year. Then go look on e-bay and see what the same car with 5,000 miles or less is bringing now. Be patient, be smart and be happy with your decision. You can't control what others can or will do.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If a salesman ever says that to me, I will literally laugh in his face, in a facetious way of course, and just say "Good luck" and walk out the door.
They would NEVER get that amount of money out of me at such a huge markup. That's just insane. :ack:
And who's to say that there are even any people on their waiting list and if it is a "legit" waiting list? That could be a marketing ploy to have you sign up and place your highest bid.
I'll pass, thanks. lol :no:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If a salesman ever says that to me, I will literally laugh in his face, in a facetious way of course, and just say "Good luck" and walk out the door.
They would NEVER get that amount of money out of me at such a huge markup. That's just insane. :ack:
And who's to say that there are even any people on their waiting list and if it is a "legit" waiting list? That could be a marketing ploy to have you sign up and place your highest bid.
I'll pass, thanks. lol :no:
Pretty much what I did, I did told him that thy are out of thair minds, 30 k mark up it is crazy, and if anyone pays that,... To much money not enough brains IMO.
And by the way ford didn't went crazy with thair hot 662 GT500.....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.